obrien040362
16 years ago

Squart on some Cerama Bright

Spread it out in a circular motion

Scrape thick build up with razer blade

Scrub balance with yellow pad

Wipe with wet rag

Buff with paper towel

Those magnetic cool tops are looking better every day.

Comments (17)

• mart242
    16 years ago

Here's mine:

Use a wet scott-towel or rag. Wipe cooktop. "Buff" with micro fiber cloth.

Yes, I have an induction cooktop. :)

• chorusmem
    16 years ago

HI mart242
    I am wondering which induction cooktop you have.
    I have been going round and round on this issue. GE Monogram is coming out with one in August and has a beautiful light one. Had thought I would use the Thermador but have to figure the wiring as they require 50 amps , more tha I have.

• patches123
    16 years ago

I have the Bosch Integra, glass top, and did have a Maytag gemini. I find both easy to clean. Takes two to three minutes a day. I usually clean it and then wipe down all the SS appliances.

1. Use razor and quickly scrape any burnt pieces.

2. Squirt Easy Off cooktop cleaner on to the cooktop( I use the kind in a white bottle - the liquid is a blue cream). I find this works much better than ceramabryte.

3. Use a Blue Scotch Brite to scrub the top. I buy the ones that come in a tub and have a white cloth on the back.

4. wipe off with paper towel.

Bosch says you can use vinegar if you need to remove any haze or streaks.

• Fori
    16 years ago

I squirt a buncha soapy dishwater onto it from the sponge, clean up the other things, come back to it and scrub it with the green Scotchbrite because it usually has dried things on it from being used as a work surface as well as a cooktop, wipe it clean, dry with a paper towel.

It's induction so nothing gets burned onto it and I hate it so I don't care if I fry the electronics.

• bryce5
    16 years ago

I. too, have an induction cooktop. I use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle (50-50 solution). When it needs a more thorough cleaning, then I use Cerama Bright.

• happygram
    16 years ago

Fori:

Would you please tell why you hate the induction cooktop?
    What kind do you have.
    Thanks for any information you can give.

• oneplustwins
    16 years ago

I use Windex for every day cleaning. When there is dirt left after the Windex, I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It works wonders.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

I just use detergent & water. Once or twice a month I'll use the cooktop cleaner.

Yes, if something is burned on (like tomato soup that's overflowed) and I don't clean it up right away I may have to resort to the razor blade...but most times I either clean it up right away or just soak it and come back and clean it with the dish cloth.

My 12-year old smoothtop still looks new! No scratches, no pits!

Prior to the smoothtop, I had a coil-and cleaning it was much more of a chore...

• toomuchstuph
    16 years ago

happygram, I asked fori the same question on the kitchen side. She responded on July 30 on the linked thread. I don't think there is really a problem with it, it just isn't the cooking type and style she prefers. I was concerned as well but after seeing her response, I'm still putting induction at the lead in my choices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fori's take on induction

• Fori
    16 years ago

Hehe. Induction just isn't my style.

Anyway, glass is an amazingly tough surface. You can burn stuff onto it (unless it's induction), but why baby it otherwise? What the heck could you use to clean that would hurt glass? I'd avoid metal scouring pads, but it doesn't really need so much gentle love! :)

• happygram
    16 years ago

toomuchstuph and fori:
    Thanks so much for your help. I really do appreciate it.

• bsparks294
    16 years ago

We just use a bar of lava soap with a damp cloth--works great on all messes and so cost effective. I actually enjoy cleaning my cooktop.

Brad

• kks_mom
    16 years ago

Brad, lava soap - ya gotta be kidding me! I'm in the middle of searching thru this forum - I have a problem. My brand new Kenmore ceramic cooktop range has been used twice. I was extremely careful - and I have some scratches on it. I am really not happy about how delicate this thing is. I will probably return the range to Sears - but anyway, what is your range? If you can use lava soap on it - then I want it!! I'm not messy - but this Kenmore will drive me completely nuts - the manual says even some paper towels can scratch - c'mon, that is just way too delicate for me! Pls tell me about your range!! Thank You!!

• mart242
    16 years ago

chorusmem, I have the 36" miele. It requires 50A as well. sorry for the lateness...

• bsparks294
    16 years ago

I just have the normal type GE profile built-in electric cooktop. It is black though, which definitely hides the dirt a lot better. Our cooktop actually has very small dots of gray mixed in with the black to hide marks and dirt more effectively.

There are a few scratches on the surface, but they are not from the lava soap--they are from the pans or something else--should I dare say someone actually used the cooktop for a cutting board. **No, respirators are not available to all of you ladies who just passed out at the very thought of using a knife on your cooktop. I would have passed out too, had I actually witnessed the event firsthand.

Kks__mom, hope you get your situation resolved. P.S -- I am glad we have light colored corian on our counters or I might be stressing over the scratches on the counter also.
    Same reason.

Brad

• kks_mom
    16 years ago

Thanks, Brad. I'm going to look into the GE profile. I posted a separate thread about my problem, but I did want to see what you had. Lava soap - my Dad, who's gone now, used to use that. Always reminds me of him. thanks

• jcf0nz_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I have a 3 day old LG Glass Range. There are some rings around it and spots that I cant remove with windex, I have scrubbed and scrubbed and then scrubbed some more and cant get the spots off. Can anyone help? Thanks.