Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunny_ne

Kitchen Aid built in with custom panels?

sunny_ne
9 years ago

Any one have a 42" Kitchen Aid side by side or french door built in refrig with custom panels? Are you happy with it?
My 10 yr old Jenn Air 42" built in has to be replaced, and the Kitchen Aid will fit into the same space.

I would love to see photos if possible...Thanks!

Comments (4)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

It is made in the same factory as your JennAir was... That's why it will fit! I'm sure there have been some minor changes over the years, but overall it should be fairly similar to your current fridge.

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    9 years ago

That may not be true. Jennair Refrigerators were made by Jade before whirlpool bought may tag/jennair in 2005. The panels will be pretty close but they are different and will require some adjustment. It depends on the model of Jennair unit they have.

Can you confirm that info?

KA refrigerators are decent units. They have been around for some time and are pretty reliable. Don't have the more advanced refrigeration system like a Sub but will keep your food cold.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

KitchenAid and JennAir refrigeration is currently produced in the Amana, Iowa plant that Whirlpool got when they bought Maytag. I infer that is also where JA was being made before the acquisition. I've always known Jade as a cooking manufacturer and I didn't know they did refrigeration. I thought it was Maytag/JA that was producing Jade branded units.

• PRO
    Joe Henderson
    9 years ago

Jade made refrigeration under their own name (by made, it may have been produced for them but it was different from KA at that time). They also produced for Jennair for many years and Dacor for many years. There may have been others but those are the ones I know of.