Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annettacm_gw

Gerber toilets, anyone?

annettacm
15 years ago

I found a place here that sells (but does not display) Toto toilets, and she says that she sells a lot of Drake and Ultramax. BUT... she said she sells a lot of Gerber, as well (which she does display). She says it's "as good as Toto". Is that true? Anyone know? I know Toto is popular on this board, but I just wondered how they compared.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

• nomorebluekitchen
    15 years ago

Based on my plumber's recommendation, I have recently put in two Gerber toilets. The boxes said they are guaranteed not to clog...ever. I have only had them for 4 months but so far they are great.

Around the same time I installed a Kohler (can't remember which one) and it is reviled by the men of the house. Very little water enters the bowl, so the guys really hate peeing in it. We girls don't notice.

I'm not sure what the Toto's claim to fame is so I cannot compare my Gerbers, but I know my plumber loves these Gerber ones.

• annettacm
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Are they the Gerber Ultraflush? I think that's the one the lady demonstrated (in the showroom, not personally LOL) to me. Seemed quiet, but she said it was a powerful flush and that the water level or something was better, to help keep the bowl clean.

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

We had builder's grade gerber toilets in our last house and never had a problem with them. I would not hesitate to use them again.