Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzq222

Jen Air Convection Steam Oven

Suzq222
9 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with the new Jenn Air Convection Steam oven? I was going to purchase a Wolf Convection Steam oven but found a Jenn Air in the surplus department of the appliance store for $1,800 boxed. Any thoughts??

Comments (4)

• alerievay1
    9 years ago

I do not own either, but I recently looked at convection steam ovens. I'm linking a good comparison chart of most of the models available; it does not include the new Bosch Benchmark or the Viking.

One major difference with the Jenn-Air is that it's 110v, not 240v like every other wall model, which explains the comparison chart's conclusion that the Jenn-Air took longer. That may or may not matter to you.

On the positive side, I think Jenn-Air's menu is easy to use, and I would strongly consider it for $1800, given my budget.

Here is a link that might be useful: Combi Steam Oven Comparison

• Suzq222
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info. We went to the appliance store today and got a good deal on the surplus model which is still in the box. I couldn't justify paying $1,500 more for the Wolf model especially where we are doing a whole new kitchen. The Jen Air will do what I need it to do and if it's a few minutes slower that's not a big deal for me.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

I think you're the first on this forum to own one! Please report back with your opinion once it's installed and you've gotten a chance to play around with it.

• Suzq222
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It may be a while before I can post about the oven. We are doing a major rehab, new kitchen and family room and our project was delayed a bit. I have all new appliances but no new kitchen to put them in. I will keep everyone posted.