Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

beware ge monogram all fridge freezer problems

loves2cook4six
15 years ago

We have a brand new GE Monogram all fridge and freezer located in separate areas of the kitchen.

I've been noticing mold growing in the fridge and all over bottles/containers of food (on the outside). This past weekend I spent over 4 hours cleaning the fridge and wiping down everything and I noticed in the cooling unit at the back MOLD WAS GROWING. A technician came out today from the service company as it is still under warranty. He told me that this is a common problem he sees, usually in fridges just out of warranty and THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT. He also saw signs of a developing rust problem and this fridge is not even 6 months old.

We're going to follow channels to see what we can do but what would be the point of replacing it with the same same fridge likely to suffer the same issue within a year or two.

While here he offered to look at the freezer - and there is a HUGE chunk of frost forming in the back which he says is indicative of a big issue "about to happen" whatever that means.

He is writing up a request for someone from GE to come out and look at both units but his suggestion was to have the appliance store exchange them out for different units from another company that will fit in the same space as both are paneled and built in.

I thought by posting here I could warn others of a potential issue and save you a headache and heartache.

Comments (4)