Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snittybitty

Grout Color for White and Black Hex Floor?

snittybitty
12 years ago

Hello, everyone.

I've seen a lot of helpful posts about this same question, but thought I'd throw my details out there to see if I could get any specific recommendations.

We are redoing our bathroom (Daltile subways for shower, color 101 to match Kohler tub, with Snow White grout, and a black pencil liner; Blackish-brown vanity with a carrera marble top.

For the floor, we have white, matte glazed 1 in hex tiles with a large, very open diamond pattern in black tiles (criss crossing lines of well spaced black tiles). I was originally going to go with Hydroment Misty Grey for the floor, but am now thinking this may be darker than I want. Although I want to go lighter, I'm also not the most devoted when it comes to cleaning and I have one husband and 2, 9 and 10 year old boys!

I was thinking about going with Mobe Pearl (which I've seen) for the floor, but then saw references on here to Mapei Warm Grey and Silver Grey, as well as Laticrete Smoke Grey and Silver Shadow (none of which I've seen yet).

So, considering the Snow White grout in the shower, the blackish-brown vanity, the black hex tiles on the floor, the kids, and wanting the grout to help define the pattern without being too in your face, can anyone give any recs?

Does the Mobe Pearl end up looking too earthy? Or does it still have a grey tone to it? What would come closest to Misty Grey, but be lighter?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here's a pic of the vanity:

Comments (4)