Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

I figured out what I want to do with my small bathroom!!

3katz4me
16 years ago

I found just the thing for my little 7 x 7.5 bathroom that I posted about earlier. I was looking online for some kind of bathroom design tool and stumbled upon one that is for the UK. It didn't really work for my needs because it places UK bathroom products into the layout - and the sizes didn't match.

BUT - what I discovered was very cool bathroom "furniture" that is on a much smaller scale - European homes of course typically not as mammouth as ours. It's modular - reminds me of people's IKEA kitchens - and the bathroom all looks kind of built-in. I love this - so different from everything you see over here. One of the brands was Shades - I didn't look through all of them - this one I really liked so I quit looking. So far I haven't found a place here that has this - I'm sure there's not much demand for anything small scale in a bathroom in the US - since they seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

Anyway - here's a link. Has anyone seen something like this? I'd hate to have to import a new bathroom....

Here is a link that might be useful: European bathroom furniture

Comments (9)

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

I've not seen anything like it except on line. Don't ask me where tho. I've traveled a bazillion miles over the internet since starting this project (LOL) It's nice and I can see how that would work great in a smaller bathroom...heck, even a larger bathroom :) If you can't find it, or something like it in the US, do you think you'll order from the UK? Good luck!
    Monica

• elljays
    16 years ago

Gibby, that looks great! I would think there would be a demand here in the U.S., especially for smaller urban apartments or older homes. I hope you have luck finding it in the U.S..

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I know a couple of good Kitchen/Bath designers - I think I will check with them and see if they've seen anything like this over here. I suppose you could have something custom made but I'd hate to have someone doing it that isn't accustomed to working with this kind of concept.

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

Gibby, last night I did a Google Image search for "bathroom vanity". I saw several styles like you're looking for. You might give that a try. Perhaps some of those pictures were from manufacturer websites :)
    Monica

• pinktoes
    16 years ago

I'm not sure why a local cabinet shop couldn't make what you want if you get the specs and do scaled drawings to review with them and refine the construction aspects. There's some similar things in the link here, but I didn't check into sizing. I'm not sure why the "concept" would be different for a cabinet maker. It looks like frameless construction, which I'm sure all shops are doing now.

The only confusing thing for me is the toilet cabinet. Maybe it's designed to fit over the tank. Dunno.

Here is a link that might be useful: interesting

• vern1
    16 years ago

I had considered this, it's made by Kohler. I was not impressed with the quality of it though

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

Gibby,
    That looks a lot like Keuco vanities. Look at the 100, 200, and 300 series. They come in a Zebrawood with really cool sinks. Also look at www.trendir.com.
    Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Keuko

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I actually found something like this online at IKEA - with a cool online planning tool. The options for the finishes are more limited but the options for efficent storage are amazing. That is one of the things that I think would be lost in just having cabinets locally made. Anyway, continuing to investigate....there is no rush...everything in my bathroom is still working and not too decrepit yet.

• oofasis
    16 years ago

Gibby, I'd like to see what you found at Ikea. Would you share the info, please? Thanks.