Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Toto Aquila II

3katz4me
14 years ago

OMG - I spent today learning way more about toilets than I ever wanted to know. Where did the day go?? I thought I just wanted one that flushed without frequent use of a plunger but then I recently learned about skirted toilets and decided I wanted that. So now I've read about all kinds of Toto toilets. I don't really care about dual flushing capability but I really like the sleek, modern appearance of the Aquila as well as it's compact size since I have a small bathroom. I've also learned about water surface area - I want more - so I'd want the Aquila II vs. Aquila I. I've read a bunch of commentary on this toilet - it doesn't seem to be a very popular model - not sure if that is because of the style or if it's functionally deficient.

What say you - is this a good, functional toilet? I want it to be quiet and I don't want to have to be using a plunger or a scrub brush after use. Does dual flushing mode cause any problems or long term complications/maintenance issues?

Comments (11)

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OOps - meant Aquia II - too many hours spent studying toilets today...

• dianne47
    14 years ago

You might try looking at the terrylove.com forums. The guy is a plumber in Seattle and he has information on his site about performance of various toilets.

The forums are a separate section of the site. Those folks have lots of knowledge about Toto toilets. There are quite a few threads about the Aquia II.

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Dianne - I have been there and took a look but did not see much on the Aquia II - mixed reports on the Aquia I - some of which may be improved with the II. I'll look again though - maybe I missed something.

• jjaazzy
    14 years ago

I have the Carolina Skirted Toto and I also looked for a larger water surface area. If you ask the sales people in the store they won't have a clue about that but I have been extremely happy with mine. It has a whisper quiet flush too. My DH installed a Aquia II for my aunt and no complaints. I repeat NO complaints TG!. humm : [ I have used the Aquia at one tile store and it flushed really well but it was louder then mine I noticed that if you want more water you hold the button in and it delivered more water. Both are nice I think you will be very happy with your Toto whatever you choose.

• trtsmb
    14 years ago

We have the Aquia II and love it. When we do our guest bath this spring, we're getting another Aquia II for that bathroom.

• iceqween13
    14 years ago

We have the Aquia III (yes, 3). Have had it installed for 2-3 weeks (one upstairs, one downstairs) and really like them. They are a little taller (comfort height). Clean really well. I'm happy with the purchase.

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, now that Carolina looks nice and it's much shorter - which would be a distinct advantage in my space. It's otherwise not much bigger than the Aquia II. I spent all day today looking at bathroom stuff - fortunately one place gave me a nice Toto brochure. Nice to page through and compare size, shape, etc.

The woman at store claimed that the double cyclone is their best flushing mechanism. Do you think that's true? jjaazzy - how long have you had yours? No frequent plunging or brushing required? I really don't care to have the dual flush mode so that would be another plus on the Carolina.

• jjaazzy
    14 years ago

I think it has been about 4 1/2 years and I find it very easy to keep clean, we have had to pull out the plunger 2x in the amount of time and it was a simple little pop and all was good. I have builder grade low flow toilets from 92-93 and each of them have a plunger next to them. I am happy to say I don't have to keep one next to my Toto. It has a pretty large water surface area too so the bowl stays clean. I love the fact it is skirted I have dogs and they shed like mad and I don't have to stand on my head cleaning around all those nooks and cranies! I will soon replace the other two with the same toilet. It's a good looking contemporary style that I really like.

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks - okay I think I will put that on my short list of toilets.

• genie73
    14 years ago

I'm also looking at these toilets. Is this model a 1 piece or 2?

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aquia II is a two piece - though contour that looks more like a one piece. Carolina is one piece.