Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cliffh_gw

samsung chef collection review

cliffh
9 years ago

After much debate and research I decided to get the 30" all gas samsung chef collection range. It was a reluctant purchase, as I was concerned about reviews of uneven heating ovens on samsung products (I bake a lot). The range was delivered Friday. I made a pan of brownies and they were cooked evenly. I made a carrot cake this afternoon using the true convection, and it cooked perfectly. The layers were even and there were no hot spots. It's early, but so far I'm very pleased. I haven't had much opportunity with the cooktop, but anything has to be better than what I had. It took forever to boil water on the kitchenaid. I am a little concerned about long term quality. The oven door doesn't seem quite as heavy as the kitchenaid, but it was cool while baking. I hope this helps for anyone considering the range.

Comments (4)

• natalyaG
    9 years ago

I was considering one as well. Thanks for the review.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

FWIW, convection baking isn't recommended for things that rise, like cakes.

• cliffh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've had great results using convection for layer cakes, but I don't use it for heavy batter cakes or cheesecakes. The cooktop is a lot easier to clean when compared to my old stove. The burner hobs are removable. That's not necessarily a negative, but I'll have to get used to it. It does seem like the stainless will scratch easily. I've already seen a couple of small scratches. I supposed that would be the case for any stainless top, but that might be a consideration for some.

• brightm
    9 years ago

MIL is looking at this or the other Samsung gas range just below it. Any other feedback? A quick glance it looks like what the Chef Collection adds is a bit higher and lower power on the burners, but it's the same box, same configuration, etc. Is that right?