Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ark_lux

wall oven with dials?

ark-lux
13 years ago

I'm looking for a new single wall oven with simple controls - i.e., knobs. My current oven requires a ridiculous amount of button pushing to turn the oven on, set the temperature, and so on.

Do they still make good ovens with knobs instead of touch pads?

I need an electric oven, with convection, self-cleaning, and preferably with concealed rather than exposed element in the bottom.

My budget is kind of middle of the road

Comments (9)

• contemporganic
    13 years ago

We bought the GE Monogram (non professional) oven for just this reason. A good oven if you are purchasing a single oven. There have been some issues for some with the double ovens. Nice to still have the simplicity of knobs:)

• friedajune
    13 years ago

GE Monogram, DCS and Viking make wall ovens that have dials. GE Monogram wall ovens get mixed reviews on this forum (do a search for Buehl's thread on the Kitchens Forum about replacing her GE Monogram wall ovens, but other people are satisfied with theirs). Viking wall ovens get truly terrible reviews, so I would not advise Viking. I have not read anything about the DCS wall ovens, so don't know about them, other than the DCS company overall has a reputation for quality.

• NancM
    13 years ago

Bosch also has single wall ovens with knobs.

• txpepper
    13 years ago

Kenmore Pro makes a unit with knobs.

I considered it for a brief moment but decided not to go with it as it would not go with my overall kitchen look. I ended up with the Kenmore Elite.

If this unit appeals to you, keep an eye out for Sears to run a 50% off sale. They ran one back in October and then one earlier in the year around March (I think).

Pepper
    ~ Appliances waiting for a kitchen.

Pepper

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenmore Pro single oven

• plumorchard
    13 years ago

Ikea (whirlpool) also has some wall oven with dials. And, check out Fagor too. They have a 24" and 30" oven -both with dials but they have different styling.

• earthpal
    13 years ago

We have the Bosch 500 series from a year ago with knobs. Personally, I would rather have the buttons myself but compromised with DH regarding budget on this item. The knobs for the temp selection is okay but the timer takes awhile to get used to. It is one of these that you spin and it only spins one direction plus has an unusual start button sequence.

Make sure that you can read the text that comes with the oven since you will be using that a great deal too.

• meoldone
    13 years ago

thermador makes one. we have been very happy with our double oven from them but i agree the number of buttons to push just to turn the thing on is ridiculous. in our new kitchen we're installing the single 30" with knobs.

• risotto
    13 years ago

We got a Miele Chef Series wall oven in Feb. '10. We have been very happy with it. It is mostly knob based. The timer is set by using a touch screen, though. You turn it on and set the temp. on the oven by turning a knob.

• ark-lux
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks for the tips, everyone. I have heard bad things about Ikea appliances - is there any consensus on this? My local appliance store has a really cute little 24" Bertazzoni wall oven with knobs, but it doesn't seem to come any larger than that - does anyone know about a wider one?