Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharkgirl2000

Is there a less than countertop depth wall oven?

Iowacommute
11 years ago

I am looking for my sister who just moved into a house. It's an early '30's Tudor. The kitchen is pretty small, and there is only one place to put a wall oven (in an almost 30" wide desk area) with a tall cabinet pantry next to it. I know a 27" wall oven will fit there with room to put a finish cabinet piece on each side, but the cabinet where the oven will go is only 21 1/2" deep. They are next to a doorway (there is about two or three inches-depth wise- between the doorway and the cabinets) so the handle can stick out slightly. They can't really recess it because the sink in a small bathroom is directly behind it.

I did find the GE Profile Advantium 27" Wall Oven that is 21 1/2" deep. I was wondering if anyone knew of any others?

She is going to get a new 30" gas range (she has electric now) and is really just wanting another oven. She has a small vent hood above her range and no microwave. I told her we could do a wall oven with a separate microwave unit above it if we could find the right depth. Would she just have to get a countertop microwave and put it on a shelf above the wall oven so it wouldn't be as big?

I think I have read something about city code and needing a certain amount of landing space in a certain proximity to an oven so I'm going to check that out too. She lives in Kansas City Missouri if anyone happens to know.

Is there anything else we should think about or consider?

Thank you. I have been researching for my own home build, and you guys are awesome!

Comments (4)