Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missy11_gw

Need Ideas for teacher gifts

missy11
18 years ago

My daughter is the chairperson on the Junior High Honor Society. They just met and decided they wanted to give the teachers small gifts or treat for the next holidays that are left this school year. The Next holiday is St. Patrick. I am a crafty person but this is one holiday that I don't do anything for. So I have no ideas for her. I could use your help. Something easy that they can make with a card or poem is what I am thinking of. Any suggestions?

Missy from Texas

Comments (6)

• Adella Bedella
    18 years ago

Shamrock pins made out of shrinky dinks and then glittered.

I've always thought it would be cute to get a small figurine from a $1 store and have accessories for each occassion like the holiday geese.

Here is a link that might be useful: dressed up geese

• barb_from_pa
    18 years ago

As a teacher, I might suggest candy or candles - both things that you use up. I truly appreciate all the teacher gifts I receive, but it is hard to find a place for them after a while. On the other hand, I teach preschool, so I probably recieve alot more gifts than an upper grade teacher. It's very nice that the kids want to give gifts to their teachers!

• susan_in_nc
    18 years ago

A nice mug (check the dollar store) filled with mints or candies(mayby some gold coins!)of some sort, wrapped in green celophane or tissue. Tie it up with a pretty ribbon.

Easter, large plastic egg, filled with post-its, erasers or some other small office item, maybe a nice stamp (some HS teachers still give out stickers!)

Susan

• sharoncrafts
    18 years ago

Susan has the right idea. I used to make these for my co-workers. I would buy a coffee mug at the $1 store, get small cellophane bags and fill with candy, green m&m's, etc. I would add a pencil with shamrocks on it, etc.

Another idea is cake in a cup.

• lorraine303
    18 years ago

What about some Irish Dew - a bottle/can of Mountain Dew with the following poem on a tag:

I ran into a leprechaun
    And asked if he'd been told
    Where the rainbow ended
    With the treasured pot of gold.
    He didn't know, but then gave me
    A special Irish brew (dew)
    To brighten your St. Paddy's Day
    I'm sharing some with you!
    OR.....
    Sit right down I have something for you,
    Here's a green bottle of very good brew. (of special Irish Dew)
    It's not a clover or rainbow or gold,
    Just a great drink, or so I've been told! (or a magical drink)
    author unknown

or - take a small terra cotta pot and spray paint it gold (pot of gold) and put a roll of lifesavers in it standing up(the rainbow) and wrap with tulle and tie with a nice green ribbon and a tag wishing a Happy St. Pat's Day.

Have fun! Lorraine

• missy11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Super Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just what I was looking for. I knew you could help me out.

Missy

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations