Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

Have you tried Amazon Subscribe and Save?

terezosa / terriks
12 years ago

I use it to purhcase several products that I use all the time. When you sign up for a subscription to a product you save 15% off the regular Amazon price and get free shipping. You can set up how often you want deliveries, and they notifiy you before a shipment is sent so that you can skip a delivery or change the frequency. I have subscriptions for 3 products that I use all the time and cost me less to buy this way than locally. I get Venus razor blades every other month, the Slim Fast High Protein powder that I use in my smoothies was only about $6 a can rather than the $9 it is locally, and I also have a subscription for the Alpha Lipoic Acid that my doctor recommended for my neuropathy so that I don't run out.

I was checking out the Roc skin care on Amazon after reading the recommendations on the "wrinkle" thread and see that with a subscription you save a little over $2.50 per tube.

Comments (19)

• pugga
    12 years ago

I've been using this for a couple of years. I get toilet paper, laundry detergent, fabric softener, and Sonicare toothbrush refills. Love it.

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Thanks for the information Terriks! Never noticed that service before!

Went to Amazon & read the reviews of the RoC Multicorrexion Night Treatment & they were stellar there too! Interesting.

• nicoletouk
    12 years ago

I've used it for years for my Pearls probiotics. I really wish I could do it for my dog food, since I get my Blue Buffalo from them.

I have also subscribed to Amazon Prime, which I love. We even use the video services through Amazon Prime a ton, and we weren't even aware of it when we started.

Nicole

• terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have had a free trial of Amazon Prime and loved it. I hinted to my kids that I would really like a Prime Subscription for Christmas, but apparently my hints were not obvious enough. :(

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

I used it for a while and loved it, but three of the four products I was buying were discontinued through the service which was disappointing.

• runninginplace
    12 years ago

Another vote of thanks Terriks, I didn't know about that service.

I started using Amazon Prime a few years ago and never looked back. It makes it SO easy to shop! I did track my first year's shipping expenses to confirm I wasn't paying more by prepaying the shipping, which is what Prime really is.

Off to investigate S/S...

Ann

• Boopadaboo
    12 years ago

Love it. :) I use it for diapers, wipes and particular baby vitamins I cant seem to find locally.

I never thought of using it for house "stuff" though. I should compare to the BJ's pricing. Would be easier to get toilet paper, paper towels, etc through Amazon. We also belong to prime.

• CaroleOH
    12 years ago

Love this forum. I never even knew Amazon sold toilet paper, paper towels etc.

I will have to check it out. I signed up for the Amazon prime at one time, but cancelled it because I found I tend to order things at Christmas and not so much after that. I'll have to check it out again with the Subscribe and Save.

I have ordered my Advocate spark drink from Amazon so that would be something I would reorder on a regular schedule.

• goldgirl
    12 years ago

How do items like toilet paper and paper towels compare on price to Costco? It sure would be more convenient than lugging it home, running out, etc.

For anyone who doesn't know, you can get a free or discounted Prime account as a college/grad student!

• sis3
    12 years ago

I have used it for years for organic cereal. It works perfectly as I can slow down or speed up deliveries according to how much I use. I save quite a lot on the price and don't have to lug it from the supermarket.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

I just purchased all my vitamins and supplements from Amazon and saved over $100 compared to my local health store. I saw the subscription option but didn't know how it worked so I ignored it. Next time, I check it out!

• mjlb
    12 years ago

Yep - I've used it for cat food and other predictable purchases.

• dedtired
    12 years ago

I never even heard of it and I shop Amazon all the time. Does it include items sold through other sellers? I get my hair gel that way.

• terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It doesn't apply to everything that Amazon sells, and I don't think that it applies to items from other sellers.
    I noticed that something that I was buying had an option for Subscribe and Save on the right side of the page where you add the item to your cart.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon Subscribe and Save info

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

Well I'll be....!!!! They have my favorite makeup in their subscription service for a great price! Need to look and see what other regular purchases of mine are available. Thanks, terriks!!

• Oakley
    12 years ago

I did when I bought diapers for my grandkids. They gave me a year's worth of Prime to go with it, and when that ran out I paid the yearly fee. I shop at Amazon for 75% of my online shopping, and living in the country it really pays off.

Just the other day I ordered two air mattresses that weighed a ton. The S&H alone would have cost a fortune.

• tinam61
    12 years ago

I've never heard of Amazon Subscribe! I'm going to check this out. I don't order a ton of stuff on-line, but this is worth checking out.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

Okay, so I was about to place my first order but I have a question.

This might be a really dumb question but will I be charged for all my subscribed to items individually or is it one big order with one charge? I don't want to have to keep up with a bunch of individual charges.

• terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are all separate, and are billed when each order ships.