Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robertheywood_gw

Lennox elvd35 or Majestic 400DVBL Solitaire

robertheywood
13 years ago

They are both clean face units with relatively the same specs.

Any thoughts would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Comments (2)

• texaschimneypro
    13 years ago

I would go with the Lennox. The Eldv is one of my personal favorite fireplaces. You cannot get a better direct vent fireplace for the price anywhere. Lennox is a solid company. Majestic was bought out by Monnessen a couple years ago and have had some major customer service issues going on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houston Fireplace Repair

• chrisk327
    13 years ago

Not to take the thread on a tangent, but I was considering the lennox ELDV series in the 40 inch, and the dealer was pushing (not really push, but suggesting) the symmatry series. Mainly due to the more spread out flame appearance over the camp fire style ELDV. any thoughts?

price difference appeared to be about $1K as we started with a stripped down ELDV vs a Symmatry which seems to come with everything. price matters, but I guess I'm waiting to see if there is a real wow factor.

I supposed to see the Symmatry burning this week, ELDV I've seen the logset but not the box/set up.

Also to comment to the OP, have you seen either of these or similar? I really do think seeing is believing on all fireplaces, I've seen some pretty lame looking ones in person and some really nice ones, and its hard to tell from the pictures.