APB for a few...

mitchdesj
13 years ago

squirrelheaven, auntjen, les, the troops are diminishing, who else is

missing ?.........

Comments (21)

• tinam61
    13 years ago

I was thinking of Jen the other day - wondered if she is traveling. I need to email her.

tina

• User
    13 years ago

Mldao

• terezosa / terriks
    13 years ago

I've seen Jen posting over on the TripAdvisor forums recently.

• deegw
    13 years ago

Mari?

• leahcate
    13 years ago

Oh, I do so miss being Sq.Heavens landscape assistant:>)
    Oceana, of the wonderful "eye candy" posts, has been MIA for some time. Hope jen is lolling about on the beaches of Mexico. Lots I can't think of right now :>/

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

I miss all of the above + Parma! Hope she's o.k.

• graywings123
    13 years ago

I think it is healthy to depart a message board for a few weeks or months, so I hope all those mentioned above return in their own good time.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Totally agree Graywings, I hope they are all well.

• IdaClaire
    13 years ago

Hi all, and thanks so much for asking about me (and the others who have been away)! I'm doing fine - just super busy with my job right now, and not finding much time to spend here. Too, I'm still having difficulty with this site either running very slowly or freezing up my computer in spite of cache-clearing and cookie-deleting, which frustrates me. Getting ready to travel soon, so focusing on our trip and really looking forward to some much-needed time away from it all.

I hope everyone here is doing well, and I will plan to catch up with everyone as soon as I can. :-)

• leahcate
    13 years ago

Yep, I tend to come and go as my mood and life allows.
    Hi Jen:>)

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I haven't been on in a couple of weeks but nooooooooooo one even mentioned me. And I thought I was one of the more popular girls, no? (lol) You guys know I am kidding.

I was just looking at some of the new people on here and I don't know too many of them.

Wonder where Johnmari is? And Parma, a personal favorite of mine. And Allison? Does lynnfromnewmexico still come in here I was thinking about her today. Surely Igloochic comes here still, right?

I never thought I would say this, but sometimes I get tired of talking about interior design. And this is coming from a person that dreams about houses on a regular basis and has for a hundred years. Maybe others get tired of it as well, I don't know. Is there life after Gardenweb?

.....Jane

• natal
    13 years ago

Jane, plenty of other forums on GW. Don't limit yourself to this one.

I think a couple missing have gone to Disney. Oceanna used to post on HT and a comment was made there some time back to that effect.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I hate change Natal but maybe I'll try it sometime, thanks.

• natal
    13 years ago

Instead of change think of it as variety ... as in the spice of life. ;)

• sable_ca
    13 years ago

I miss ACountryHome. Remember that gorgeous home that she at last managed to finalize? She posted a set of pictures and I've always wanted to see the finished place.

• les917
    13 years ago

Thanks for missing me, mitch and others; I am honored! Been working A LOT over the last few months,and wishing I had more chances to be here. Just got back today from our first family vacation in 14 years, to Washington DC for about 10 days. Had a great time, and some amazing moments. But it was a 17 hour train ride, and for now I need a shower and a nap. More later.!

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Glad you checked in Jen! And Les - so happy to hear about the vacation! I bet it was hot as - well you know - in DC. You'll have to tell us more about it.

Jane - you devil - I was thinking about you the other day and something I was going to post and ask about - I knew you'd know - but now I have forgotten what I was going to ask! I too get tired of decorating at times, well maybe not tired, but it is just ONE of my interests, so at times others are more of a priority! I've checked out a couple of the gardening forums, but to be honest, I don't have time for any more forums! (Or blogs, let's just don't talk about blogs LOL)

I totally get what is meant by real life and busy and other things going on. This time of year I don't spend as much time on-line as there is so much fun stuff going on! We spend a good bit of time on the lake and just general summer time stuff. Things are a bit more relaxed. Actually, when I checked the board this morning, I was surprised at the number of postings over the holiday weekend. Figured everyone would be out celebrating! Hubby and I are off on Fridays, so we actually had a mini-vacay.

Anyhoo - good to see all who have checked in!

tina

• johnmari
    13 years ago

Thanks Deee and Jane - I've actually been around here, just haven't had a whole heck of a lot to say lately. Haven't even been over on the Discussions side for a long, long time since I have neither extra money (and sorry ladies, decorating IS an "extra") to decorate with nor the oomph to do the DIY type projects, and it sometimes eventually gets tiresome rah-rahing for other people. Oh well.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Awwww, thanks so much for thinking of me, Jane! I just got back late yesterday afternoon from 11 days vacation in Michigan on Lake Huron. This is the first time I've been back here since I started packing and planning for it 3 weeks ago. Unlike last year, I don't have any great decorating projects planned for this summer . . . at least, not yet ;^D
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's projects, though. Hope you all are having a good Summer so far. It's hot here in New Mexico now, even here at elevation 6,000ft, but thankfully not humid like it was in Michigan! I'm already missing beautiful Lake Huron, though :~(
    Lynn

• acountryfarm
    13 years ago

Thanks Sable for mentioning me. Actually have been gone for awhile due to busy kids lives & major expansion of our restaurant chain.
    It's nice to be remembered & nice to "see" a few familiar faces.
    I am now busy planning my barn so will likely be chatting a bit here on gardenweb. I know from experience it is the only way to get through a build. :)
    I still will never forget the amazing group of people here.

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I didn't know I had been missing, Jane! I have been super busy since last fall. DD2 listed and got a contract on her townhome in a week, which sent us off to find an empty home for her to purchase during Week Three. Once that was closed on; fence for dogs, hardwoods, paint, lighting, furniture, new roof, etc, etc, etc. Trying to wrap it up now....THEN she goes and gets engaged so the Can You Really Plan A Wedding In 50 Days began! Not to mention my "maintenance" surgery last week for my 50th birthday. This on top of regular home, garden, self employment work, pets, DH and writing posts for Atticmag.

Sounds like the "busy bee" has stung many of us on GW!