Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

reporting back...DD got it !

User
10 years ago

Well the whole process of job hunting was interesting and enlightening. She hasn't had to "job hunt" in quite a few years so she really took her time and utilized all the resources she had available. She had a recruiter and then a friend of a friend and also used her computer to just do a general search.

As it happens having a friend of a friend and utilizing networking was the best route. The company that she most wanted to work for is a great opportunity. She had 2 phone interviews and then a face to face. The gals at the face to face said they had interviewed a lot of people for the job but after my DD's interview there was no doubt to whom they would offer the job. She is so pleased and will start after Labor Day.

I REALLY appreciate all the comments and suggestions that were offered. DD was glad to read them too. She used a number of the suggestions and many of them simply confirmed what she already was thinking or had done in the past. So THANK YOU ...I LOVE GW Deco/Convo...c

Comments (17)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Congratulations to DD!!

• runninginplace
    10 years ago

Great news! I know she must be so happy and relieved...and I know mom feels that way double :).

• gwlolo
    10 years ago

Congratulations! How wonderful to be starting a new job with such positive vibes.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Yayyyyyyyy!!! You both must be so happy.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. The company just got rated #%%% on the "500 list" fastest growing companies in the US and also #%% out of top 100 IT Service Companies and #% top 100 GA companies in Metro Atlanta ! So this is really great for her and for them :) ( didn't want to put the company name but it is HOT !

Thank you all for your good wishes....it is so nice to have good news to share. c

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Congrats to M!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

That's great news. My DS just got a new job, too. He starts on Monday. His situation is very different but he had been looking for many months and finally got a job in Feb., but only part time with the promise of full time hours within a couple of months. Well, it was a small, new company, and in late May one week, his paycheck wasn't ready on payday. The next week, still no money. After three weeks, he got fed up and quit (um, without ever telling us anything -- he's only 21 and had just moved into his first apt.). This new job seems like a better bet -- they've been in business for 30+ years.

Anyway, sorry to hijack! Good news for all!

• LanaRoma
    10 years ago

Congratulations! Looks like your DD was very smart and resourceful in her job hunt. Cheers!

• User
    10 years ago

Congratulations to your dd! It's almost impossible to overestimate the satisfaction of interesting, meaningful, and well paying work in one's chosen field.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks cat !

sue no hijack at all ! All info and stories about experiences are welcome . I am glad your DS has found something. Our other DS was let go almost the same time as DD...sigh...he had just started with a new company also and it was going so well...then boom...an MD made a mistake and overlooked something DS flagged...DS was fired and MD was reprimanded...sigh again louder. Since I worked in the medical field for many years this is not an unfamiliar scenario. Ah well..he is handling it very well and it will all work out. I will send good wishes to your DS !

Lana..she sure was !
    kswl...you are SO right .c

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

I missed your original thread but a big bravo to your dd!

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

That's great news, thanks for the update !!!

• User
    10 years ago

YAY for the trail family! Hope DS stays strong, too.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Congrats to DD!

I will share some good news. One of my students who graduated in May got a good job with a major company who has relocated here. On top of being impressed with his education and skills, they were impressed with his military service. He is so fabulous I am thrilled for him. He has a wife who's a teacher and an 8-month-old DD. They were even able to put a down payment on a house.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Terrific!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Wonderful! So happy for your DD, Trail.

Sueb, your son should contact the state department of labor-the company that did not pay him can be forced to do so.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

cyn..see that is why I am glad she posted :)

Thank you all ! Such sweet words of encouragement. I know how many of you work now outside the home or used to...it is hard out there and the young people need all the supportive adults around they can get. It means a lot . thank you . c