Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peytonroad

Can we talk showerheads please?

peytonroad
9 years ago

We built our house and my girls hate the Kohler Bancroft /Devenshire shower heads! I have removed the water sensor and still they are such a wide spray that they can't adequately wash the shampoo out of thier long hair. The pressure is good as my sons shower (on same wall/setup as daughter #1) is fantastic! He has a Kohler setup too but the spray head is different. Of course, It all had to be matchy matchy and the girls are in ORB. Does anyone have any recommendations? I see the Delta comes in a ORB finish. I am almost ready to do Chrome waterpik to quiet them down and get rinsed hair!

Comments (7)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Hi pr,
    Do much better to post on Discussion side. Better yet, ask over on the Bathroom forum. Good luck.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

This is amazing. Dh got it for me because I complained about my long curly hair too. There are reviews under the same product with different finishes on amazon. I have brushed nickel. I can't stand any other shower head now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Showerhead

• graywings123
    9 years ago

I just want to add that I know how your daughters feel. The shorter you are, the wider the spray is when it hits you, so only a fraction of the water is hitting your head. It looks like Boop has come up with a solution for you - I've used similar ones that have that nozzle adjustment and they are great.

I needed a new handheld shower head and found one that had spray nozzles in the center as well as the outside.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Interesting . . .and I am LOLing at the link from Boop. I was confused by the cupcake soap and hoped maybe it "rained" cupcakes!

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Isnt that silly? I have no idea why they include a cupcake soap and forgot to ask my husband it it really came with it.

I am 5'2" - probably not as short as your DD"s :) But not to tall either.

Oh and we took out the water saving disk. I think some of the reviews people didnt do that. They make it easy to take out but in there so it complies with laws I think. I dont take a long shower either and is actually shorter now that I have a good showerhead to rinse my hair quickly.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

I have a Grohe hand held showerhead that is adjustable. When it is on the Jet setting, it is really strong. I use Massage and that gets the shampoo out just fine. My son occasionally showers here and I notice that he changes the setting. Since he no longer has a lot of hair, it's not an issue for him. I do recommend an adjustable showerhead.

• peytonroad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I had forgotten I had posted this! thank you for the recommendations. That is a doable fix I think.