Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phillymom

? for anyone who uses Sears HE Detergent

phillymom
15 years ago

Which one do you use, they have so many choices (oxyclean, stain fighter,dye free, with fabic softener.)

I am not sure which one to try with my first FL washer

Thanks

Comments (9)

• elbits
    15 years ago

I use the stain fighter and oxy.

• housefairy
    15 years ago

With all the comments on this forum, I purchased the stain fighter(powder) last week. It seems to clean as good as any other detergent I've tried. I buy the Oxi-clean and fabric softener separate.

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

I have the Stain Fighting and OxiClean formulas.

• MiMi
    15 years ago

I bought the one with Oxi-Clean. I did not use it on dark colors, I was told Oxi-Clean would fade dark colors. I am very please with the way it cleans my white and light colored loads. I had read on a message board somewhere, where someone was complaining of sears detergent fading dark colors, but they did not say if they were using the one with Oxi-clean or the Stain Fighting formula.

• cynic
    15 years ago

There's different formulas for different purposes. No one formula will be perfect for everything, most likely. Personally I like detergents with enzymes. They really make a difference. When I used detergents without them, I would add enzymes to boost performance. The stain fighting formula has enzymes in it, or at least used to.

Personally, I can't see using Oxy all the time. I would just add it when needed. I do like a perfume and dye free formula though (with enzymes).

They have the detergents available in smaller sizes so you could try out different ones and see which works best for you.

• i_dig_it
    15 years ago

I have the Sears HE Advanced Formula Free of Dyes & Perfumes.
    It has the exact same ingredients as the Stain Fighting Formula, but without the fragrance added.
    It does contain enzymes stain removers.
    It also says it has a fabric brightener and color protection ingredients, but I did notice it causing darker colors to fade, probably from the fabric brightener, so I now limit it's use to whites and lighter colors like sheets etc.

Janet

• lizql
    15 years ago

I've used all the Sears detergents at one time or another. Yes colors do fade and have noticed blacks getting streaks or blotchy. I only use it now if I'm using hot water or on lighter clothes.

• fordtech
    15 years ago

I just use the plain stain fighter HE, no oxy. If you dont use real hot water Oxy doesnt do much good anyway.

• rosabearr
    15 years ago

I like free & clear. I have allergies

I also like Gain with Baking Soda better just performances better