Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macmomma_gw

Update on new Samsung induction range

macmomma_gw
10 years ago

I just thought I'd post about the Samsung induction range I got last spring. It was a floor model I got for $1000 at Lowes. It's model NE595NOPBSR and was just discontinued when I bought it. I don't have gas where I live unless I install a propane tank, and so induction seemed like a great alternative. The installation was a little tricky. The feet are kind of flimsy and bend easily, so my husband had to make wooden blocks to get the range to level properly. Also, the cord was too short. Other than that, the installation went fine. After it was installed, it has been pure heaven. The induction cook top allows me to do everything I want--from power boil, to delicate simmer. I'm a South Louisiana cook, so make roux, gumbo, etc and it's a breeze with this cooktop. I would like the option of a dual size burner, but I've been OK with the four provided. The unexpected pleasure of this range is the oven. I had a Kitchenaid convection range before, and it never worked well at all. This Samsung, however, is great! It heats evenly, cooks delicate breads all the way up to very hot roasting. I absolutely love it. The only downside is that the convection fan splatters cooking juices all over the inside of the oven, but the quick steam clean feature allows me to keep on top of it. In summary, it was a GREAT $1000 induction range. If I had paid $2500 for it, I would have looked for more durable/stronger metal parts and more flexible burner sizes.

Comments (3)

• londongirl_2009
    10 years ago

Thanks for the information. I will be thinking about a new range this year and am still debating about gas or induction. After losing power following an ice storm I am leaning toward gas, but I am really tempted to try induction.

• rantontoo
    10 years ago

I have the Samsung induction model that has a bridge capability with a convection oven...love induction cooking on this stove and the different kinds of convection options. You solved my puzzlement over how my oven walls got "roasting splashes"!

My favorite part of induction cooking is the ease of cleaning the cooktop especially since I have a tendency to spill and boil over...not a neat or patient cook. I will say that boil-overs are less since the induction method means instant response when lowering settings. Nothing bakes on; I clean up with a wet dishrag.; no special cleaners or polish have ever been needed. I heard so many complaints from friends concerning cleanup frustrations with electric cooktops. Frying with my cast iron and a paper towel underneath is also pretty awesome...no chance of scratching and no splatters to clean up.

I really like the steam cleaning feature but learned the hard way that it is not like a self-cleaning oven where drips can be left for several bakings before cleaning. My model also has a self-cleaning feature which I hope to never use since I have read that such high sustained oven temps can play havoc with electronic components.

My one complaint concerns the racks!!! My old oven with similarly designed racks allowed me to pull out racks 1/4' 1/2, etc.; the first time I did that with this oven, the rack with casserole dish on top tipped forward enough to start the casserole sliding toward me...Hello!!! My Samsung racks MUST be pulled out until the v-stop meets the v in the sidewall. I am trying to unlearn my old habits and find this feature a bit annoying and startling when I forget to pull the rack all the way forward. Is this true of the racking on your model too?

I researched induction options, brands, and models extensively; Samsung had the least complaints about noise and repair issues. I really wanted an induction slide-in from Samsung and was very disappointed to learn that they do not make one. Samsung needs to remedy that!

• lovetorenovate
    10 years ago

I really miss my induction range - I think I had the samsung too - bought at the sears outlet for around $1000. I'm back in my old house with the 36" gas range - it's a fratelli onofri - and the oven is horrible - it takes so long to heat up. I'm not even sure they sell in the US anymore. I sure miss that 30" induction. I wish they would make a 36" induction range - I'd take out my gas range.