Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaylasmom_gw

Frigidare, LG or GE fl washer?

kaylasmom
15 years ago

We are going to buy the washer monday. I have narrowed it down to the above 3. I cant decide which one is the best.

Im leaning towards the LG. My mother brought the GE fl and is having no problems with hers, she has had it 3 weeks and a friend just brought the Frigidare.

Which one has the least vibration and problems.

Comments (7)

• peteski50
    15 years ago

Go with the Frigidaire FL. They have a good reputation. I had a LG and got rid of it because the service is a nightmare. If you go with LG make sure service in your area is workable.
    Peter

• bruce_allen123
    15 years ago

For the love of God, please, PLEASE stay away from the Maytag... Especially the Neptune! Don't do it!

Mine's a Frigidaire Affinity. 2 years old, and no problems so far. Also, be sure to use only "HE" detergents. Ordinary laundry soap will cause too much sudsing and foaming.

• kaylasmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've read every thread here I know about the detergents. We have a LG fridge, French door freezer on the bottom and had to have service one time on the ice maker Lg was here in two working days to fix it. Service would be no problem
    Does the Frigidaire Affinity have a rusting problem?

• regus_patoff
    15 years ago

We have the LG WM2688 & dryer on pedestals in the basement on a concrete floor with no problems.
    Vibration is a factor of the floor structure.

LG makes the Harnmony top loader for GE.

• happymomof2kids
    15 years ago

I have a Frigidaire Affinity myself. I absolutely love it. Cleans really well and I got it on sale for $700, without including tax and service warranty, at best buy.

There should be no rusting problems as the metal is stainless steel.

One thing is you can under no circumstances use reg detergent in an Affinity. At least not in the model I got. It is so effiecent that reg detergent suds way too much. Heck, I only have to use half of line one in the cap of Cheer HE I'm currently using for most loads.

I have also been able to wash my king size comforters in it with no problems. One at a time of course, but the point is I still can wash them. Some of those big 4.0 cubic foot ones can't.

Your best bet is to go to different appliance websites such as Sears, Best Buy, etc. and check out specs and reviews. You can also do a web search on each machine you like by typing in the name of the machine and reviews and see what comes up. You will be able to see what other people who already have that machine think of it.

• mc58
    15 years ago

I had an older frigidair, and the only problem that I had was the struts kept breaking, but I bought it in 1999, and than the mold issue happened, but I didnt know about not using fabric softner and wiping the door seal and leaving the door opened. So for the first 6 years I was happy with it. Good Luck!

• nancyjn
    15 years ago

I recently bought the GLTF2940F by Frigidaire and love it. My clothes have never been cleaner, it's not too noisy and doesn't vibrate. I bought it at Sears with other appliances when they were having a 20% rebate and I also got a $50 Energy Star rebate from my electric company.

There has not been one time that I wished it had a cycle that it doesn't. But then I replaced a 12 yo TL, so anything would have been an improvement.