Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becinsc_gw

Jumping on Tobacco Road Bandwagon. ?? re: Master Bath

becinsc
14 years ago

Greetings !! So, it seems as though 2010 is the year for many to repaint, isn't it? Our master bedroom and bath are currently painted LA Gold 3. Time for a bit of a change, so we're going with Tobacco Road for the bedroom.(Our local Duron *swears* they have the original paint formula.) I want to do a coordinating lighter color in the bathroom, to give it a more soft, serene look.

Any thoughts on what lighter, neutral color would go well with the Tobacco Road?

Thank you !!

Becca

Comments (6)

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

Did you want a monochromatic look or a different color altogether that will look good? Millet which is on the same strip is light, but still has color.
    Funny, I have both TR and LA Gold 3 in my home. And yes, if you are going to a Duron store they will have the correct formula. That's how I got mine.

• becinsc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey there ... I'm going for a monochromatic look ... one that is a soft compliment to the TR. (I like Putnam Ivory as pictured in NHB's master bath ... not sure if it'd "go" with the TR.) The cabs in my bath are maple and the counter is a soft cream. I'll look at Millet.

Where do you have TR? Do you love it?

Thanks again
    Becca

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

I have TR in my FR and LA Gold 3 in my foyer and upstairs hall. Sometimes I like the LA and sometimes not. I really should have used either Plantation Beige or Millet in the foyer and upstairs. I don't like that sometimes the LA Gold has a hint of orange. Yes, I love TR. Looks great with sooo many colors! There are lighter colors than Millet on that strip as well. Sandy Lane is lighter.

• tarhlfan
    14 years ago

I too, love Tobacco Road. YOu said you wanted a change-TB (at least in my home) had very obvious gold undertones, which I was trying to get away from.
    I agree w/ above posters to try the lighter colors on the same strip. Let us see a picture when you're done! course, I am the worst about taking pictures and posting, ha ha!

• booboo60
    14 years ago

becinsc,

There is an old thread called, "favorite yellows and golds" that shows oodles of colors from cream all the way to bright yellow but lots of variations of warm tones that may work for you. Just type in the name of the old thread in the search box at the bottom of the page.

Good Luck!

• becinsc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, everyone. KMCG ... I know what you mean about the LA Gold 3. I have it in my master bath/bed, foyer, great room and kitchen. Thus, the reason to start breaking away from it !! Hellokitty, I'll be happy to post pics as soon as I get it done 1! And, twotogo ... I LOVE looking at those pics for inspiration and have a couple of times already ... there's almost *too* many choices. :-) I really would love something creamy in color and warm ... hoping one of the lighter shades on the TR strip fits the bill.

Thanks again,
    Becca