Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildlifephotomom

need help hanging photos

wildlifephotomom
16 years ago

I just finished painting my entranceway (hallway) and am in the process of trying to decide how to arrange new photos in there. My son is a wildlife photographer and has some fabulous photos that I would like to hang there. Alot of the photos are matted and framed to 16x20. I would like to be able to hang as many as possible without "overdoing it". I am having trouble trying to attach photos of the hallway with this note so maybe some kind souls could help me decorate the hallway. I am not sure if I need to group the pictures or stagger them. Any help would be most appreciated. I will try to figure out how to attach some photos.

This is my Flickr account and I have posted pictures on it-I hope you can look at them on here-I have had a terrible time trying to figure out how to post the actual pictures on here.

Any help is most appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71458828@N00/

Comments (8)

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

Here you go

• wildlifephotomom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tryin2grow-Thank you so very very much. I don't know how you did it or other people post them but I certainly do appreciate it so very much-hats off to you ;-)

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

You're very welcome, glad to help.

Wish I could be of more help in arranging pictures ;-p

One thing did strike me, and that is your tabletop photo gallery. I would move those photos elsewhere and use something simpler, like the greenery you have on the gfather clock there so as not to distract the eye from the wildlife photos. I feel they will become more prominent that way.

Have you looked at any of the art arranging tips on the internet? Bhg.com has some (if you can stand all the ads!)
    My personal opinon would be to stagger only the photos heading up the stairway.

Would love to see some of the photos. If you post them on the same account, I'll transfer here if you'd like.

• wildlifephotomom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tryin2grow-Thank you again for so graciously posting my hallway pictures. Am sending you a link to my son's flickr account so that you might take a peek at some of his pictures. Not all of them are on there but there are some. I have so many framed and matted picte from his photography show that I can use. He just graduated from college with a degree in Biological Photojournalism and his hopes are to someday work for National Geographic. He does have an eye though and finds beauty where us "non-photo" people do not. He also has his own website (however I am not sure how up to date it is) tylersnellphotography.com and here is his flickr site; http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsnell/page1/
    I do agree with you as far as the tabletop gallery-I do need to move them somewhere. I will check out the bhg site and deal with the ads-ha ha ha

Here is a link that might be useful: Tyler's pictures

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

Well, I just discovered there are two of these threads, but since I originally responded to this one, I'll continue. HOWever, I must tell you when I saw the other one without my posts, I surely thought the moderators had banned all traces of my being on this board!!!

Now, your son's work is stunning. I took an interest in birding a number of years back, so those pictures in particular really caught my eye. The egret and heron shots, oh my! I am curious about something. The bald eagle has a title of "portrait" is that not a live shot? It has got to me the most amazing close up. I was in awe.

I can see why you would so proudly want to display his works. I also disagree with the comments on the other thread that you dont' have the proper area to showcase them. They are beautiful, and more so because it is the work of your son. Hang them where they will make you smile every time you walk by.

If you don't have enough room to hang two side by side over the photo gallery table, then how about having him enlarge or double mat and reframe one of the bolder photos, such as the bald eagle. I would definitely place that style photo on a wall where it commands the sole attention it deserves.

Thank you for providing the links to his work. I will be on the lookout for him when he becomes famous :-)

• susanka
    16 years ago

I posted in the other thread, and said your "gorgeous photos" without actually seeing them. What a talent your son has. Can't wait to see how you decide to display the photos.

• wildlifephotomom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tryin2grow-Thank you so much for the kind comments on my sons work. I will cewrtainly pass it on to him. Not sure why he has portrait on the eagle as it is a live shot. It was taken somewhere close to Cleveland, OH-and it is something closeup-you can count the teeny little feathers on a feather (if that makes sense) He really hasn't had the time to work on his own web domain and he really needs to get it up to date. I think I will take the suggestion of a reader and cut out pieces of brown paper and place them on the wall and kind of eyeball it from there. Sure beats pounding nail holes into a wall (which I hate to do) I have tried the command strips and have had pictures let loose from the wall so I will not try that with these. If you like birds you would love the shots he has of the Ospreys down in SC. He sits under their nest and they accept him and he just fires off pics one right after another. It is so interesting when they are adding twigs to their nests or bringing a fish in to feed the babies.
    When I get these pictures hung I will try to post pictures of them (or I may have to rely on your kindness to help me) Isn't this the greatest website ever? People are so helpful and positive. Thank you and stay in touch-

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

I know exactly what you mean about the detail of the feathers on the eagle. So that is a live shot! I'm going to save that on my computer. And the polar bear shot, so wonderful. He definitely should keep his website updated and offer info if anyone would like to purchase photos. I'd probably be first in line.

For hanging the pictures, have you heard of the hercules hook?
    I'm linking to the site, which is a bit on the cheesy side because it shows the tv commercial for it with Mr. too much energy hawking the product, but...it is amazing! So simple to use, no hammer needed. I had used them before, so when a very heavy mirror I recently ordered arrived I was pleased to see a hercules hook came with it. You won't believe it can hold the weight, but it does.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hercules hook