Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tricia257_gw

Attack of the giant faucet!! Anyone use a prep faucet instead

tricia257
11 years ago

I'm redoing the kitchen of my 60's ranch house. The kitchen isn't big and the sink sits in front of the window.Love my skinny gooseneck but need a new ss faucet.

I would really like a one handle faucet with pull down spout but at 16" high (or more) they would seem way too big. I dont want a boring faucet without any height.

Has anyone bought a prep faucet (which are sometimes just smaller versions) for their main faucet?? Any other suggestions.
Thanks

Comments (10)

• aimskitchen
    11 years ago

I am having the same problem - but I would love to find a skinny gooseneck that is deckmounted with no baseplate, like yours. Most I can find have a baseplate or are more ornate than I'd like - can you share what your current faucet is?

In another thread I started about faucets, someone did mention that they bought a prep/bar faucet for their main (smaller) sink, and that is a possibility I'm considering too.

• Fori
    11 years ago

You get used to the giantness, really! In my last kitchen I got one that looked like the alien ships from "War of the Worlds" because it was the only thing I could find of a particular dimension. It was huuuuuuge. And evil looking. But I kept it after I remodeled because I got used to it, and really, giant is nice to use!

Just make sure anything you get has a good enough spout reach, especially if you're short. You don't want to be stretching out to reach the water.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

As I always say, there is only one true faucet (the OTF). Kohler Karbon. Incredibly functional. This reaches everywhere and splashes not at all.

Oh look, my sink was young here!

• cluelessincolorado
    11 years ago

Love your photos oldbat2be, looks like your faucet has a personality. We should introduce it to WALL-E...

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Wander around sites like Faucets Direct. You can find pull-down goosenecks that are a lot less...bulbous than most.

• tricia257
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks, all!

Aimskitchen--My faucet is American Standard. It is lovely but the sprayer Never has worked well. Thats what I get for buying a cheap faucet.

Oldbat--You have such a lovely view. You faucet is very intriguing....

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I struggled a bit with my prep sink faucet when I first took it out of the box. I chose the same faucet for my prep and cleanup sinks, but wasn't worried about how the 16" faucet would look in front of the cleanup sink window. My prep sink is on the island open to the family room so I was afraid of the giant faucet look. I ended up going for the function of this tall pulldown and am very happy I did. Fori is right about getting used to it. Yes, it will look like a monster at first because you are used to a smaller faucet. Then you don't even notice it after a while. Also, you might concentrate on faucets with sleeker, cleaner lines also like the one you currently own instead of some of the fat, frou-frou ones which draw attention to themselves and their size.

• camphappy
    11 years ago

I have a delta main faucet that has a prep/bar sink match.

• socalusa
    11 years ago

Yes, we did. We more than doubled the size of our kitchen when we remodeled and put in a Blanco super single Sigranit sink so I assumed that the Moen pulldown would be consistent with the new space.

After it was installed it just demanded too much attention and overpowered the space so we bought the slightly smaller prep sink version (also a pulldown) and never looked back.

HTH

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

You get used to the giantness.

Um, there is a joke in here.