Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

diamond tile like on Oprah and Home Mag

kelleg69
16 years ago

I just saw the newest (I think) issue of Home Magazine. There is a colorful kitchen in there that has a yellow diamond tile backsplash. It reminded me of the one Nate Berkus did for Kirstie Alley on Oprah. Sure enough, it is similar. Kirstie's is Ann Sacks tile, Barbara Barry design.

Anyway, I like this diamond look. Has anyone else seen this or know of others who make it? Anyone have something like it?

Here is the link to the Oprah page: http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/home/spaces/spaces_20041112_kirstie.jhtml.

Here is the link to the Home Magazine page: http://www.pointclickhome.com/home.

It is hard to see the tiles on the Home Mag page and they don't list the manufacturer. Thanks!

Comments (7)

• ljsandler
    16 years ago

I can't see the video but here is pic of my harlequin backsplash:

They are from Westminster Ceramics from their American Potters Collection. They have many great colors.

I purchased mine from Expo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Westminster Ceramics

• bill_vincent
    16 years ago

Not for nothing, but you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to have harlequinn accents. They can very easily be made on site.

• amcofar
    16 years ago

I love that bathroom tile pictured above. I have a "nekkid" bathroom I just ripped the wallpaper out of. That's an inspiration pic for me, too.

• bill_vincent
    16 years ago

Believe it or not, that was actually a freebie, including fabricating the listello on site! It's the bathroom in the showroom that gives me most of my work. :-), amd that's nothing, this design is in the floor of that bathroom, and it's COMPLETELY made from harlequinn diamonds, also all made by hand on a wet saw:

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Wowza Bill!

• bill_vincent
    16 years ago

Believe it or not, that design really isn't that hard to do-- just a bit time consuming. It takes me about 4 hours to cut out the field tiles, and cut the 48 diamonds required to put it together. That's one of six I've done, and no two are alike.

• mnhockeymom
    16 years ago

I've got the harlequin (diamond) tile - mine's from Horus Art Ceramiche: