Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anrol

Need opinions! PICS

anrol
12 years ago

I have a small, narrow foyer and I spied this a couple of days ago. (my son said "it's creepy!" lol!) Brought it home to try but I don't think the scale works. I guess I could look for a longer bench but that could take a while. Need opinions please. I will post the print that I have now and then show the horse pic. Thanks.

Comments (16)

• User
    12 years ago

While I love the horse picture, the scale and shape is off. It is way too big and too square. I would prefer to see a rectangular shape there. I like what you had there before.

• fillagirl
    12 years ago

While interesting, I think it's too large for that space....

• dakota01
    12 years ago

I have to agree that the scale is off...But, I love the horse pic and hope that you found a larger wall to put it on.
    THe only way it might work is to remove the little piece that is hanging next to it, lose the table, add a couple more lights, or move the ones, then center the bench under it. Then it might really work..

• User
    12 years ago

I would keep the horse print and do what Jeannie suggested above.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    12 years ago

I agree with your son.

• les917
    12 years ago

If you were to take everything else out of the space, meaning the mirror, table and bench, and center the piece on the wall, it would work.

But, the only way you would appreciate the whole piece is to stand close to the railing or on the stair - otherwise, the railing gets in the way.

• ummm
    12 years ago

Agree with others - if you have it there, you should remove everything else.

• anrol
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks to all for your suggestions but I had a feeling that it would be too large for that wall. (it's 47" by 47") Had to try and I will probably retun it tomorrow. Walnutcreek, LOL! It is a haunting piece! I wish I had another spot for it. Thanks again

• kristinekr
    12 years ago

I don't think it works in that space. But, I love the artwork. Where did you get it?

• yayagal
    12 years ago

You can keep it but you'd have to move to an industrial loft in Soho, lol. Love it but the scale is wrong for the area.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    12 years ago

door1, you are very correct - the piece is haunting. The horse reminds me of the abused horses my sister has taken in to nurse back to health.

• avesmor
    12 years ago

I don't get creepy, but agree that the railing is in the way. And I hate seeing artwork crammed into corners. "No one puts Baby in a corner!"

• luckygal
    12 years ago

I agree with your son - the poor horse looks as if he's starving. And it's too large for the way it's hung.

• anrol
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi. I still have not returned the horse but I probably will. Walnutcreek, I was telling my DH about your sister nursing the abused horses back to health. She must see some aweful things there. Thank goodness for people like you sister! She is made of good stuff! Yaya, I would love to live in a loft someday. It is the only way that I would ever move from here. Avesmor, to the right of the pic is more hallway and the front door. To the left of the pic the hall continues (closet, garage door) and then it opens in to our family room. I can see by the picture that I took though that it does look like a corner. Lol! Kristinkr, I am in Canada and bought the horse at a store called HomeSense. They sell a lot of neat stuff for the home and they get shipments in 3 times a week so thing are always changing. I find if you don't grab something when you see it then it's gone!

• madtown_2006_gw
    12 years ago

Avesmore - BEST.MOVIE.EVER :-)

• EG3d
    12 years ago

The horse picture behind the rail is almost a message - don't fence me in says the horse, I need room to run.