Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Basement Floor Plan

User
10 years ago

Here is floor plan layout--- no pretty elevations yet, but I am starting to "see" everything. The plan was reduced from 16 x 24" on a copier, then scanned in as a pdf and converted online to a jpg, so it's not a very good image-----sorry!

Front room pretty much the way I envisioned, but with a long cushion for our dogs under the recessed shelving on the TV screen wall (for games). I probably won't use a coffee table in that room, either, but he knows I have that one and likes it :-) The rug will be rotated 90 degrees so the path from the door to the stairs is just exposed brick and the rug extends to the wall where the tv screen is located.

Question: We've debated using a drape table in the corner formed by the two daybeds in that front room. I had almost given it up and resigned myself to putting one flush to the wall and the other abutting to to the first, so they would fit better in that corner. Now he has drawn them with the table and says that the one bed jutting out past the wall about 9 inches doesn't bother him in the least. However, I'm not sure it doesn't bother ME. What do you think, GWers?

In back room, the two chairs in corners near pool table are the wonderful ones I bought for my daughter from mythreedogs which I appropriated for this project. The two chairs near the front room are swivel chairs. The fireplace surround and step back, small depth shelving for DVDs. extends out to the arm of a sofa on each side to form a built in end table. We will have swing arm lamps above them to preserve real estate for food, drink and remotes, and I think there will also be swing arm lamps at the opposite ends of both sofas. He says it will look very built in, like an inglenook in an old house. (Mtn, I immediately thought of your Maine place!)

The cocktail table is a cloverleaf shape with doors in each section for storage, that will be refinished (I hope) in a distressed barn red, and we will have a custom cushion made for the top so it can be used for seating or feet.

I didn't find any glaring problems with the plan (and didn't expect to), and I like the concept. Now for the fabrics...furniture.... and GC is waiting not too patiently for the wall color.

Comments (8)