Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Will you please entertain me and let me post a fake pic?

remodelfla
13 years ago

I couldn't stand waiting to open my boxes of cabinet fronts from Scherrs. DH is down in Miami with his band boys setting up for their "gig" tonight. So I killed my back and broke open all the cartons and tried to figure what goes where. I think I got a pretty good handle on it and think a couple of measuring mistakes were made (either us or Scherrs) but nothing that can't be corrected. Anyway, I decided to jerry rig the sink cabinet so I could see how the doors would look under the SS apron sink. Excue the boxes, bottle of lysol, cardboard, and whatever else I used to hold it up so I could get a pretend picture. Isn't she pretty?????

From Drop Box

I'm allowed my digressions... I'm going to be incharge of getting a bunch of us older folk up and dancing tonight to good ol' 60's rock at the Nights of Columbus in Miami. ROCK ON' BABY!!!!!

Comments (32)

• oldhouse1
    13 years ago

remodelfla -You're too funny! I love your enthusiasm. I'm not sure I've seen anyone get so excited about they're kitchen. I know what it's like when it's DIY. You wait for so long until you final start to see it coming together. It looks FANTASTIC. ROCK ON!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

As I look at that... I think I'm totally feeling pulls and not knobs on those doors. Ya' think??

• prill
    13 years ago

That is really pretty -- before you know it, you'll be in the home stretch.

Wait, let me hop on a plane, I'll rock on with you.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I was expecting something completely different when I opened your post!

Looks great! I wouldn't have been able to wait either. I'm with ya on the pulls.

Have fun tonight.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Where did you think I was going with that breeze! I'm sooo happy. I love the clean lines without it looking hard.

prill... you show up and I"ll pay for your ticket. It'll fun!! Partly sunny and going to stay around 73-75 for the next few days.

• ironcook
    13 years ago

you are better than a kid at christmas!

it's going to be gorgeous... the lightness of the qs oak with the stainless is so smooth together.

thanks for sharing. :)

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

"I'm going to be incharge of getting a bunch of us older folk up and dancing tonight to good ol' 60's rock at the Nights of Columbus in Miami. ROCK ON' BABY!!!!!"

I WISH I WAS THERE!!! I didn't think you were old enough for the 60's but I know that I was!! It was the best of times! We had the greatest music the whole time I was a 'teen. It's when rock and roll really got going. Ah, those were the days. And your sink looks good, too!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I posted a bathroom pic the other day on Fb that was fake too. I set the vanity top on the cab, sat the vessel sink and leaned the faucet to look like it was installed. I just had to see how they looked together, lol....

Your excitement is justified and it would be sad if you were not as psyched. Imagine spending what we spend on kitchens (time, energy and money) and not being jazzed?

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

The Kitchen Police will be visiting shortly....

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

It's great! Love the QS oak and the stainless--you're making me rethink my sink, lol! Definitely handles, not knobs. Wish I had seen this sooner, I would have been on the next plane instead of making chicken marsala (my kitchen now looks like a disaster area with dishes and flour everywhere! Have fun--I'm sure you will!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Woolly bully my friends! !!

• xc60
    13 years ago

Gorgeous, this is going to be one amazing kitchen!!!!!

• laxsupermom
    13 years ago

Love the clean look of the stainless steel apron front with the quartersawn slab doors! You're kitchen is going to be amazing!

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Definitely pulls! Looks fab!!

Hope you had a great time last night :-)

Eliz

• rhome410
    13 years ago

I don't at all blame you for doing this. You're just excited and it looks cool! You've probably read me say this before, but I don't really like stainless sinks...EXCEPT those awesome apron fronts!! I think they're my favorite.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Hahahaha! If I had a dime for every time I jury-rigged things in my kitchen, so I could visualize better... well, I could maybe buy a cup of coffee. LOL.

It looks great, and I also think HANDLES are the way to go!

I love your enthusiasm!

• adel97
    13 years ago

Another vote for handles/pulls. I see them placed horizontally, to follow the line of your beautiful sink!

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

"Woolly bully my friends! !!"

hey, i remember that - 60's were my HS time period! you're right - best music EVER!

and yes, pulls definitely!

uh-oh... someone turned ya in girl!

• burghmom
    13 years ago

This may be a "dumb" question, but forgive me--I am a newbie to this forum! How do you post a picture in your original post?? I'm trying to post something and I don't know how to attach a file. Thank you in advance!!!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

burghmom... save to pic to a free online photosite. Then copy/paste/post in the html. format.

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

Here ya go burghmom!

Here is a link that might be useful: how to post pictures

• motherof3sons
    13 years ago

Great looking cabs and sink Remodelfa! Rock on girl! I grew up listening to my older brother's Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, Iron Butterfly and other great artist's albums. Now, the 70s - that's my decade!

• prill
    13 years ago

E - are you going to stain the cabinets? What's the plan?

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nope.... I kinda have a thing for natural wood. I love to see the graining and variations. We had Scherrs put on the clear coat. I guess I lack some knowledge or design "smarts". I don't understand getting soemthing like cherry or whatever and then staining dark or painting it to look like something else. I'm sure there's a good reason. I just don't get it.

• prill
    13 years ago

I'm with you! Was it very expensive to have Sherrs make the doors. I'd love to have new doors for my cabinets. Of course, I'd have to paint mine white to match the boxes I have now.

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Your new cabs are all going to look great and I love the natural wood. I love the SS apron sink, I couldn't do that because of the size of the cabinet I had to work with but I wanted to.

Another vote for all pulls. I have to do finished pictures yet but I did all horizontal pull on gray birch. I think they look awesome.

Nancy

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

prill.... everything is relative. Compare to what solid wood doors would have cost in Premium QS oak, I don't think it is expensive. I think the wood was like a 30% upcharge for the premium, but the graining was so far superior. Anyway, I think for all the doors, drawer fronts, end panels, they did the boring for me for the IKEA bases, my pullouts, oven cabinet doors, etc... it was $2600. My total cost for cabs for the kitchen came in at around $4000. Pretty good I think.

• rmkitchen
    13 years ago

Omigod -- MORE PICS, real or mock. It looks so great!!!

• prill
    13 years ago

Wow - that seems excellent to me (total and the doors). I'll have to look into it. And since I'd be painting mine, I wouldn't need premium grade anything.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OH yea... if you go paint grade poplar/maple ... you'll save proabably half my cost. Call and talk to Terry or Mitch. They are both very very nice and helpful.

• timber.j
    13 years ago

Beautiful!
    Your kitchen is going to be so lovely-how can you go wrong with QS and an apronfront SS sink?! We stained our cabinets, but with the clearcoat yours will look fabulous with the color of your baking table! I love seeing pictures of your progress.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

YAY!