Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

I'm must be weird cause the more 'unevenness' I find...

remodelfla
13 years ago

the more totatally JOYFUL I am! I mean, COMEON'... look at this wild graining on my pantry pullout door. To me, it's just spectacular and I love looking at it. As we unpack more doors, I'm find awesome Rorschach(?) like designs. Perhaps that speaks to my mental state. LOOK!

From Drop Box

And I tried to get the graining on my sink door. It's subtler but wonderful.

From Drop Box

I"m sorry... I will stop posting pics of my uninstalled psychologically unbalanced doors and drawers.

But I do think I see a cloverleaf in one... :-)

Comments (13)

• plllog
    13 years ago

PRETTY!!!!!

• still_lynnski
    13 years ago

I see a German Shepherd and R2D2.

Seriously gorgeous...and will be great for party games!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Party games! What a great idea!!

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

Can I just say that I LOVE how much you LOVE them!! :)

• research_queen
    13 years ago

I'm with craftlady. I think that your doors are beautiful, but I really love how excited you are about them!

• xc60
    13 years ago

Beautiful, I see a lynx and a ghost.

• laxsupermom
    13 years ago

Love the wild graining! Love the bits of lighter wood. And I agree the best part is how much you love them.

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

If you think you're giddy now.....wait until it's far enough along to cook in! Just tonight I was grinning when I pulled out the drawer of frying pans. There they were! Clean! Together, not basement and garage. I feel just like you do! I'm just as tickled today as I was 11 months ago.

• cj47
    13 years ago

I love it! It's got character and you'll smile every time you look at it. I bet in a year, you'll still be finding something different every now and again! Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

Pinch_me, I'm glad to hear that the 'magic' hasn't worn off for you yet. I hope I feel the same next year as well--it's an awful lot of fun. :-)

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm very very grateful. As many know, I've been working on this for 3 years. No KD, no designer ('cept our GW'er designers), everything I bought piecemeal and held on to it for over a year. Much work we did on our own or GC'd it. DH was hands on even with the work we hired out like electrical. I had the picture in my head of what it would look like and walked through against blank broken down walls how it would function. I"ve been living out of suitcases going back and forth between my house and this house for work. So I really didn't know how it would turn out. DH couldn't picture it and just had to trust me. Hopefully Florida JOshua comes on Monday to install the soapstone and then the sink can get hooked up and DW. I then have a REAL functioning kitchen.

The other day I sold the massive wall unit from my home. The dining room set is already down here. My son's room is empty except for the bed on the floor since he moved to NY almost a year ago. It no longer feels like the home I raised my boys in. I stayed there myself Thursday night and it was weird. Felt like a house; but not a home. All the walls are empty and light switch plates off since my son painted for me when he came for a visit. I'm ready to move on to the next phase of my life. This remodel represents alot to me... :-)

• prill
    13 years ago

I'm with everyone else - It's wonderful to see how excited you are, and it's wonderful to see someone who is so grateful for what they have. I'm telling you, I'm going to come meet you on my next trip to Florida! (and, of course, see your beautiful kitchen).

Be sure to post Monday after Joshua leaves!!! Can't wait!!!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

So happy to see your happiness and your beautiful cabs!

Yesterday I was at the Home & Garden show and there was a beautiful quartersawn oak hutch in one of the booths. I was telling my mom how beautiful I thought it was and how quartersawn oak always reminds me of my paternal grandparents because they had a big buffet and table & chairs made from quartersawn oak. The salesman (a young man, maybe 25?) said he was surprised I knew what wood it was and that most people didn't have a clue.

Your cabs are so beautiful and unique! Can't wait to see it with that beautiful SS installed! And I never get tired of pics, so post as many as you want, lol!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I promise all the "carp" will be out of the spare room by then prill and you'll have a comfy, cozy, clean place to sleep!