Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

In search of jewel tone accessories

debrak_2008
11 years ago

Need to start adding color to my kitchen. I love jewel tones especially purple. I'm having trouble finding things like baskets.

Any ideas?

Here are some baskets I found online but purple is out of stock.

Here is a link that might be useful: container store baskets

Comments (11)

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Here you go

Here is a link that might be useful: purple

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm looking for are things with different jewel tones like one of each color or things with multi colors. Like 1 purple, 1 green, 1 red, etc.

I'm looking for baskets, placemats, other stuff.

I really hate shopping and am not good at finding things. With the baskets I linked I would buy several in different colors but I insist on having purple included, lol.

yayagal, thanks for the purple links. Maybe some will have some other colors too.

This post was edited by debrak_2008 on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 21:16

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm looking for are things with different jewel tones like one of each color or things with multi colors. Like 1 purple, 1 green, 1 red, etc.

I'm looking for baskets, placements, other stuff.

I really hate shopping and am not good at finding things. With the baskets I linked I would buy several in different colors but I insist on having purple included, lol.

yayagal, thanks for the purple links. Maybe some will have some other colors too.

• funkyart
    11 years ago

I've surely seen lots of purple recently-- even in dishware. It would help to know your style or to see a photo of the kitchen to know what direction to be thinking.

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not sure I have a direction.
    I'll take some photos today.

It one time I wanted to do the entire backsplash in jewel tone tiles. My DD said it looked like m &ms. So I decided to skip that but add color other ways.

• User
    11 years ago

You may be more successful looking for glassware in jewel tones--- maybe different colors and shapes of old bottles? I would suggest you try eBay.

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Pier 1 often has jewel tone accessories. Not sure they will have much this time of year but you can check.

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

May not be your style, but google "_____" color Fiesta Ware. Lot's of jewel tones show up.

Also, look at pottery.

• Oakley
    11 years ago

I googled "Purple baskets" and came up with quite a few places that sells them. Below is a link from Amazon. Page 3 has a nice purple basket.

Before you go purple, I'd find a decorating style first.
    Especially if you plan to use something permanent, like a backsplash or paint.

You can also look up color combinations with purple to give you a place to start, then google the colors you want.

And yes, a picture would be great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Purple baskets

• marcolo
    11 years ago

This thread reads like a Beltone ad.

There's a lot of stuff on The Find.

Pier1 does have some but the website is awful. You really have to individually look at all the kitchen stuff

• debrak_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Major baking going on so could not take photos today but here are some from during the reno.

I've noticed that purple, red, and green looks good in the kitchen. Blue not bad but purple the best. I'm aquiring some Amethyst colored viking ware that I may use some of in the kitchen.

I need some baskets for my open shelves and thought a few in different colors would be good. Since I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, now thinking of colored towels or cloth napkins in and over the edge of baskets.

I will need to make a trip to pier 1 as I agree their website is not good. In fact many websites are not that great.

"The find" is a website I have not used yet so will give it a try.

Fiestaware is cool.

You are all helping me think this through.