Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

I can't believe this entertainment center is so awful

lucillle
13 years ago

I bought this 3 piece entertainment center today from a picture on CL, without actually going to look at it. It is horrible HORRIBLE, some stained cheap cruddy veneer over plywood. But the guy invited me to come over and look at it and I didn't so I deserve what happened to me.

On the bright side, it is large with plenty of display room for my various knick knacks as well as the dressed geese I just bought (geese clothing is a whole nother post, the outfits are too cute and buying new outfits is positively addicting). And some of the doors have openings with decrepit old cloth covering (intentional, for the sound system I guess) that can easily be replaced with cute fabric.

So it is grainy and ickily stained a medium icky brown. Ick. I could just throw it away but it is a challenge and it bugs me that I paid for it thinking it was actually a decent piece. I want to paint it white and fill in the grain so the veneer does not look like the cheap pine that it probably is.

I think it could be cute. I can always throw it away if I screw up the painting process, but I really would like to win against this sorry icky disappointment.

Help!

Comments (5)