Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryan0424

league city new pool

ryan0424
14 years ago

The digging starts today. How do i post a picture?

Thanks

Comments (43)

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Make a photobucket account, it's free. Upload the pix. Each pic has 4 options for code. You want the 3rd. Copy the code and past it in the message box.

Scott

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is a link that might be useful:

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Scott

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THE DIG TOOK ALMOST 6 HRS YESTERDAY. REBAR IS FIRST THING MONDAY AM.
    LAGOON SHAPE
    35X23
    PERIMETER 102
    SURFACE 575 SPRAY DECK
    EXISTING 300 SF
    6X9 SPA
    3 TON WATERFALL
    3.6 X 9 SUNSHELF WITH 2 BUBBLERS
    STRAIGHT PEBBLE FINISH WITH BLUE STONE ADDED
    INTELLIFLOW VARIABLE
    PENTAIR RAINBOW CLORINE SYSTEM WITH DELZONE OZONE
    1HP WISPERFLOW WATER FEATURE PUMP.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

What's the pipe below where the W/F is going?

Did they over dig and plan on adding a gravel base? That soil looks like it has a large percentage of clay. It swells and shrinks when wet and dry respectively.

I think you may need a sump to remove water from under the pool. Not just during construction, but when you need to drain it for services like new tile, plaster, coping, acid washes, etc., things that occur during a concrete pool's life.

The W/F in the picture looks way bigger than 3 tons.

Make sure they set the Rainbow feeder to be a top feed. Otherwise you won't get enough chlorine in the pool when the Intelliflow is on a low speed.

You might want to see what I posted a few days ago about ozone. Might save you some money. I linked at the bottom.

I love the design! Did you decide on the finish, filter, heater, and lighting? Is there a booster for a pool sweep and separate pump for the waterfall?

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: About Ozone Generators.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Scott

The pipe is electrical running from the house to the meter box and will have to be moved behind the pool. We ran into this issue durring the construction of our first pool. No big deal. Hybird stone plaster with blue pebbles added. It looks like StoneScapes Aqua Cool. We were going to go with the QuartzScapes tier 2 but we got a good deal on the pebble finish.
    Pentair 520 sf filter, Sta-Rite(Pentair)Max-E-Therm 400 btu heater,standard lighting and yes there is a booster pump and separate pump for the waterfall. The rockwall is about 16 feet wide and only 3 feet tall at its highest peak and is right at 3 tons.

Love the Ozone. Had it in our first pool.

Thanks
    Mark

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Scott,

What is a top feed on the Rainbow?

Thanks Mark

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

It is the configuration for the dispenser that works best with variable speed pumps or when larger amounts of chlorine are needed, such as for larger pools.

Scott

• mixman1
    14 years ago

Who is the pool builder?
    I live in Seabrook and going to build a pool soon.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Perferred Pools of Houston. Based out of Kemah. So far very happy with them. Matt is a great guy who works hard to earn your business. David the owner has already been over to the house twice. So far so good.

Mark

• mixman1
    14 years ago

I'll give them a call. We have received bids from Pineloch pools, Laguna pools, and Blue Haven pools. Haven't even come close to a decision yet.

• cvd775
    14 years ago

Great design. Lookforward to all the pictures!!!!

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks cvd775 Gunite on Wednesday. I will keep you posted.

Mark

• mixman1
    14 years ago

Did you get the gunite in yesterday?
    Looking forward to new pics!

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We got the electric line moved behind the pool along the fence line. PB wants to gunite on Friday if weather permits.

i will send pics as soon as its complete.

Thanks
    Mark

• fighting_irish
    14 years ago

Great for you. We look forward to more pics.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gunite started at 7 am. guys finished up at 3pm. Now we have a very light rain. The guys did a great job.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

obucket">

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Did the shoot the gunite in the sonnet tubes or use trimmings?

Scott

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Scott,

What are trimmings.

Mark

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

It's the gunite that was shaved when they shaped the pool.

Scott

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Why would you build a pool with trimmings. All i know is they shot the gunite and then shaped ther pool.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok i get it now. I am not sure. We left in the middle of the day. Is there a big difference?

Thanks
    Mark

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

When gunite and shotcrete are applied, it comes out of the nozzle at a high velocity, 200-300 mph! This creates a very high compaction at the surface it's applied to. This greatly improves it's strength.

Because of the speed, a byproduct called rebound forms. This is usually aggregate with little cement. It should be discarded.

When shaping and smoothing, the trimmed material is often used for non structural things. It must be compacted well or it is of little strength. If it's well compacted, it's use is acceptable if it hasn't hydrated too much.

If it has hydrated some (dried), some will add some water to re-soften it and some others add the rebound material. This is not a good thing as the water/cement ratio is now water rich and the cement will be substantially weaker and will crumble.

Many of us have seen steps and seats have problems with cracking in relatively new plaster. Many blame the plasterer but it's real cause frequently lies under the plaster in the cement. The cement has become deteriorated and provides little support to the plaster finish.

Forewarned is forearmed. It is why I asked if you saw it done.

Scott

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago
  • ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The flagstone came out great. We wanted more whites and darks rather than the orange color. It matches the dark blue tile. I will keep the pictures comming. The jump rock should be instaled in an hour or so.

Mark

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

STONESCAPES AQUA COOL PLASTER NEXT WEEK.

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

FIRST DECK WILL BE SPRAYED WITH EXISTING PATIO FIRST .

• mixman1
    14 years ago

Looking great, keep the pictures coming!

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

mixman1

Did you decide on a pool builder yet?

Mark

• mixman1
    14 years ago

We are going with Pineloch pool Construction. We got quotes from blue haven, laguna and pineloch. Blue havens design was pretty "plain" and cookie cutter, but the cheapest by far. Both Laguna and Pineloch had excellent designs. Part of the attraction to Pineloch was their long time in the business, and the fact that the designer also supervises all the major phases of construction. He stays involved to the end. Big Plus in my mind.
    Also, we are building on a steep waterfront lot and there are special design and engineering considerations. Pineloch has a lot of experience in that.

Once I get back in town, I will start a thread about our build with pic's and spec's.

• mixman1
    14 years ago

We are going with Pineloch pool Construction. We got quotes from blue haven, laguna and pineloch. Blue havens design was pretty "plain" and cookie cutter, but the cheapest by far. Both Laguna and Pineloch had excellent designs. Part of the attraction to Pineloch was their long time in the business, and the fact that the designer also supervises all the major phases of construction. He stays involved to the end. Big Plus in my mind.
    Also, we are building on a steep waterfront lot and there are special design and engineering considerations. Pineloch has a lot of experience in that.

Once I get back in town, I will start a thread about our build with pic's and spec's.

• txmomoftwo
    14 years ago

LOVE your flagstone? That's exactly the type of flagstone coping that I'm looking for! Is there a specific name/type that I can use as a reference to tell my tile/coping guy?

Did you get your plaster & decking yet?

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi txmomoftwo,
    Thanks

I dont know the name but you need to ask the contractor to select the darker peices. You can use my picture for a refrence. If you need more pictures let me know. The Stone Scapes plaster was done this AM.

Mark

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WE HAD OUR FIRST FAMILY SWIM LAST NIGHT ON A RAINY HOUSTON NIGHT, WATER AT 74 TOO COLD FOR MOM. KIDS HAD A BLAST. LOOKING FORWARD TO DECKING AND PALAPA NEXT WEEK.LANDCAPING WHEN WE CAN SAVE SOME MONEY IN A MONTH OR TWO.GOING TO GET THE BASKETBALL GOAL TODAY.

MARK

• mixman1
    13 years ago

Hey Ryan, Pool looks awesome......I finally posted a couple pics of our design.
    Look for "New Pool Build, Seabrook, TX"

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    13 years ago

• ryan0424
    Original Author
    13 years ago