Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fighting_irish

Prayers for my daughter

fighting_irish
13 years ago

I have been very quiet on here lately and hope to be back soon. I am not sure if most of you remember my wife was pregnant with our 6th child.

Recently in the middle of the 7th month we have found that our daughter has died in the womb. I would not normally bring up these issues in this type of atmosphere but I am limited to where I can discuss this being as I am supposed to be the strong one. I have keep my moments to myself in private. As for my wife we have plenty of her family here to help her cope.

Anyway I would ask for everyones prayers for my daughter and my wife. I do know that my daughter is now in Gods hands and everything will be okay. It is just hard to hold in the feelings of this loss.

I myself don't even know how my wife been able handle this. She still has to carry her until Monday when they induce.

We do plan on a service for my daughter probably end of next week and she will be buried next to one of my brothers who had an early death as well. This way her uncle can be with her. It might seem silly to some but for me no matter what age the child, this is one of my daughters and will be givin the same love and attention that any of my other children get.

I thank everyone in advance for all of the thoughts and prayers. And I will see you guys back here soon.

In loving memory of Tiffany Faith Kelley

Comments (29)

• thegirlys
    13 years ago

My thought and prayers are with you & your family. Can't even imgaine what you & your wife must be going through. My condolences.

• Boby Huffard
    13 years ago

Yes add our prayers too--- for your strength and peace at this unbearably hard time for your whole family.
    Boby and family

• lascatx
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry. Losing a child at any age has to be one of the toughest things you can endure. Prayers for strength, comfort and peace.

• nosabe
    13 years ago

I wish you peace and comfort in your faith. Rest in peace, baby Tiffany.

• piscespool
    13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I cannot imagine the anguish you and your wife are going through, and please know that expressing your grief and pain is so necessary at this time. Praying for strength and a sense of calm and peace to get you through this. Again, I'm so sorry to hear this news about your little angel Tiffany.

• bobinbaltimore
    13 years ago

Prayers for peace and strength.

• gaylek
    13 years ago

Yes, I will also be praying! As you and your wife are hurting, may you trust and claim the Lord's promises and also turn to each other for comfort and support! What your wife and you are experiencing is difficult...you will be given the strength to get through it. May God bless you and your family!

• houseful
    13 years ago

We'll be praying for you. What a difficult time for all of you. I think it's important for you to let your wife and children know how much you are grieving too. God bless all of you!

• txmomoftwo
    13 years ago

Lord, lift up this man as he endures the worst pain imaginable in losing this child. While sweet baby Tiffany is safe in your loving arms, their dreams have been shattered and the pain is still very real. Help him to know that he is not alone. Your word says that you are close to the broken hearted(Psalm 34:18). Embrace this family and lift them up with your unexplainable peace. Bring angels of comfort and strength to help them through their grief during this difficult time.

I submitted this request through the prayer chain at our church. Know that you are now being COVERED in prayer. God's mercy is always available, and we will stand with you in fervent intercession. My heart breaks for you.

Some verses that may bring comfort to your wife:
    2 Corinthians 1:3-4
    Isaiah 51:11
    Jeremiah 31:13
    John 14:1 - 4
    John 14:27
    1 Peter 1:6 - 7

• apdnj
    13 years ago

God bless and prayers for all of you to be strong in this difficult time.

RIP Baby Tiffany.

• clanch
    13 years ago

I am truly sorry for your loss.

• michelle16
    13 years ago

So sorry for your loss, don't even know what to say, but know that my heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time, may she rest in peace.

• poolguynj
    13 years ago

Prayers and condolences my friend.

Scott

• sharoncbrn
    13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. May your baby girl rest in peace.

• trhought
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our prayers are with you, your family and baby angel Tiffany.

• susan1404
    13 years ago

My heart breaks for you. You and your wife and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please do not hesitate to reach out for support from us whenever you need to.

• zuggy333
    13 years ago

I simply cannot imagine the pain you are enduring at this time. I lost a baby when I was just three months pregnant, and the pain was almost unbearable. To have gotten to know Tiffany through these seven months, and to feel movement, and love this child already must be excruciating to never get to experience all that you have with your other children. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I truly hope that your wife finds the strength to get through this with her faith and the love of you and your children. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

• ryan0424
    13 years ago

You and your family will be in our prayers. So sorry for your loss.

Chamberlain Family

• cannonball_joe
    13 years ago

I will be praying for you and your family, that you will receive God's strength to help you through this.

No one can imagine the pain a parent goes through with the loss of a child. I do know, as I lost my only son at the age of 18. You mentioned that you are supposed to be "the strong one", which I understand, as a father too, but don't be afraid to share your feelings with your family and friends. It is important for both you and your family, part of the grieving process. I also recommend you get connected with a group at a church. This has helped me get through our tragedy, and continues to help 4 years later.

Keeping you in my prayers. God bless you.

• domingos35
    13 years ago

My thought and prayers are with you & your family. My condolences.

• mwardgeo
    13 years ago

David,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of need. If there is anything we can do to help out please don't hesitate to ask.

The Ward Family

• nypoolnovice
    13 years ago

Our hearts and thoughts are with you, how incredibly difficult for your entire family. Surround yourself with family and friends to find the faith and strength you need to get through this.

• momocarly
    13 years ago

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and your family. We understand this takes priority in your life now and will look forward to working with you on our pool when you can.

The Jackson's

• jccams
    13 years ago

I truely understand your pain. My wife and I lost our first child at 6+ months and went through the same thing you and your wife are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your wife and the rest of your family. Hang in there it does get better, time has a way of easing the pain.

RIP Tiffany

• fighting_irish
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, this has been amazing. When I thought that I was alone in this. I have found so much support and love and strength. My wife and I are so gratefull to all of you for your support and prayers. Our faith in God is helping us through this. Even though we still have a ways to go we are more at peace knowing where are daughter now is.

Tiffany was delivered on Tuesday at 5 am. Our pastor was there with us at the time. At the request of my wife, Tiffany was babtized. My wife, my older daughters and I then spent about an hour with her before giving her back to God. My wife was released from the hospital later that day. Both of my College daughters are home from school for the Summer so they will be with her everyday for support when she needs it.

I have sat in private and realized how blessed my wife and I are to have been givin all the children we have. 6 beautiful, wonderful children, only one of them was call home to God earlier than the rest. Knowing that God is holding her hand and looking down upon us puts me and my wife both at peace.

The overwelming support from friends, and family is so amazing. Also for those of you concerned about me don't worry I have become a pile mush at this point I realized it is important for me as well as my children that I grieve openly. It has been very difficult to talk on the phone as I start to break down during most conversations. So For those of you that have called with support my ability to type out my words allows me a way to speak at this point and I will speak with all of you soon.

I am returning to work today but only for half days for the moment. Just to keep my mind busy.

Again thank you for all of the prayers and kind words of support.

See ya soon,

David

• Boby Huffard
    13 years ago

We will continue to hold you in our prayers. It is comforting for us tho know you have such a close and supportive family --- there for each other. Hugs to everyone!
    Boby

• mjpt
    13 years ago

And I am worring about what pool finish to pick....I'm going to spend time with my daughter! God Bless you and your family!!!

• cascades
    13 years ago

David, so sorry to hear your loss. Please know that you are not alone and there are other out there who have lost and are healing. Tiffany will be forever part of your family and you will see her in heaven. In the mean time, please feel free to get in touch with your local National SHARE organization for support or just a listening ear.

http://www.nationalshare.org/

Good luck and much love to you and your family.

fr. someone who is still healing

• revamp
    13 years ago

For those that may come across this post, there is an organization of professional photographers who donate their time to take portraits of stillborn and critically-ill newborns with their families. I have a friend who is involved with them in the Milwaukee/Chicago areas.

The organization is called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and can be contacted through their website that I linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: NILMDTS