Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amy427

do i want my pyramid hood in matching blue, or stainless?

amy427
15 years ago

I am getting a bluestar 36 inch range with a darkish blue enamel front, ral 5007 is the color, and the question is...should the pyramid hood be in the same color or stainless? the range is on its own wall, the short wall in an L-shaped kitchen, with buttercream cabinets on either side, and soapstone countertops. the rest of the appliances are stainless. am tempted to get the hood in the matching color, but not sure. nothing else so far in the kitchen is blue. haven't picked the back splash. any thoughts? anyone have a blue star hood in a color?

Comments (8)

• marthavila
    15 years ago

It all depends on how much you want to your range and hood to be a focal point. Although, I must tell you, I'm rather biased on that subject. I most definitely wanted my colored enamel range to have a matching colored hood. Frankly, there's no denying that pair when you enter my kitchen! Like you, my cabs are creamy white (dove white) and the countertops are soapstone. My other appliances are paneled, though. And, rather than dark blue, my ladies are dressed in red. :) I say go for it!

• kpaquette
    15 years ago

I say go for it too. I bet it will look incredible. :-)

Marthavila I LOVE your range/hood!

• palimpsest
    15 years ago

I vote for the blue.

• plllog
    15 years ago

How about blue with stanless banding?

• astridh
    15 years ago

I personally used a cobalt blue Viking range in my Spanish-style kitchen, and I used a plastered hood with a vent "liner". I like how it came out. I don't know the style of your kitchen, but I would definitely choose a blue hood over a stainless one any day! Look at Marthavila's red duo. Twice the impact! I love it.

• venice_2008
    15 years ago

I did my BS in RAL 5005, just a couple of shades up from the colour you chose, and it is definitely the focal point of the kitchen. Indeed, I have designed the entire kitchen around it (still in progress -- the BS was the first purchase).

For the hood, I have decided to go with stainless (still to be purchased), because I don't want it either to compete with the range or stand out more than other carefully chosen elements, like the soapstone counters. It's a careful balancing act, but one easily achieved once you determine what's most important visually to you.

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

IMO the hood and range are a pair and thus should always go together, and I'm not just saying that because I always vote for blue, or because Marthavila's red hood/range looks incredibly sharp.

• karena_2009
    15 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. I think it depends on how big the kitchen is and how much natural light you have. I am getting a black range with brushed nickel hardware. In my case, I've decided to go with a wood hood to match the cream cabinets. Mostly because I have such a small kitchen and I don't want the hood to be the focal point. I have a 9 x 10 U-shaped kitchen in an open floor plan.