Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

I have had it with my HOT front porch

sandyl
12 years ago

My front porch faces west and this hot Tenn summer has been the last draw, I can't TAKE IT ANY MOREEEEEEEEEE. I have no shade what so ever and the front porch is unbearable. The house is brick and I build it in 2003. The porch runs the full lenght of the house. I need any idea's for shading the front porch, short of planting trees that will probably still not shade the porch in my life time. I ready don't want to put up a trellis across the front of the porch to grow vines, even though I have 20 plus clematis through out my yard a clematis isn't something I would want climbing on a trellis right in front of the house, beside they require prunning and brown out during the hottest part of summer. I would love to get everyone's idea's on how i could possibly provide shade to the front porch.

I found on the net where I could purchase a 40" by 20 yard roll of burlap fabric and been thinking about maybe installing a cable with a type of turnbuckle to attach sections of the burlap to make a type of curtain that would slide on the cable that i could open and close during the hot summer months. I could take them down for cleaning if need be. When not in use i could slide them to the side and tie them back... I gotta do something before next summer.. Any more idea's out there? Thanks Sandy

Comments (7)