Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelom_gw

Screened Porch/Deck Questions

angelom
16 years ago

For a new screened porch I'm planning to replace the existing one---a question: Right now, where the porch meets the house, the interior of the porch still has the house's exterior siding. When I put the new screened porch on, I'd like to tear off the siding inside the porch and replace it with something, but what??? Basically, I want the inside to look more like a room and less rustic. That's why I want to do away with the siding (Plus, in few years, I might get new house siding and by removing this now and replacing it with something else, that's one less thing I'll have to do later.). Anyway, the siding I'll be removing takes up an area about 16' wide and 12' high around a double door. I'd like a cost effective solution that still looks nice. Since this is screened (but no windows), I will have humidity/dampness/weather to contend with. But normally, it doesn't get wet in there.

Part 2, Deck Question: The adjoining deck---I'm wondering what the best value is for composite railing. I might want solid white or possibly white with a contrasting color handrail to match whatever I pick for the decking. In terms of something that looks decent, feels sturdy and won't break the bank (i.e. low to medium price) any suggestions? I'm thinking of Fiberon Tropics for the decking and I know Fiberon makes the railings too, but I'm not married to that---would be happy to put in whatever is best choice for the dollars spent.

Comments (2)