Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjc35

Screened Porch Lighting Ideas - Please Help!

cjc35
13 years ago

I'm adding a 14 X 14 screened porch to the northeast corner of my house. I looking for ideas on types of lighting I should add to the porch. I'm planning on a ceiling fan for sure, but I'm wondering what other people have done or would suggest for additional lighting. It will have a vaulted cathederal ceiling finished in pine. Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Comments (2)

• mjh5
    13 years ago

We put track lighting, with dimmer switches, in our 12x16 screen porch, also with a cathedral ceiling. This allowed us to direct light to reading and dining areas and also reflect light off of the ceiling. We've been happy with the result. We also have a ceiling fan, but did not feel the need for a light for the fan. By the way, make sure any fan you get is rated for exterior use, even though it is in a covered area an exterior fan is recommended. Casablanca has a couple of nice ones.

Marty

• www.thedeckbarn
    13 years ago

I happen to like led lights. low voltage, with the rapid advancement in technology in the last couple of years it is possible to get lots of light with little power consumption. Even if conventionaly wired it is possible to use led bulbs.
    steve scholl