Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eskimopie_gw

pool & yard & bbq complete (pics)!!!!

eskimopie
16 years ago

Well we're (almost) finished with our pool and yard. The only things left are to paint the BBQ island and the SynLawn installation (should be in a week or so). Thanks for all the support, here are some pictures:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

• johncoaty
    16 years ago

Eskimopie, very nice, I like your kitchen very much Did you build it your self? If so what did you use to make the counter and cabanets. I want to build an outdoor kitchen and I could use any info and helpfull tips.How is the gas grill mounted?
    Thanks in advance.
    John R

• eskimopie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

John,

Nope, didn't build it myself... the landscaping company did it at the same time the yard was done. It's cinderblock construction (basically cinderblocks around the perimeter with a hollow center). All the hardware including the doors/drawers/fridge/grill/etc. is from BBQ's Galore. The counter from what I saw during construction is plywood and hardibacker covered with tile. The grill is supported by the counter top (the ~2" 'wings' on the sides and front of the grill are bolted to the side of the grill and support it on the countertop).

• jlaughrey
    16 years ago

Very nice!! Im looking to build a pool around the same size as yours this winter!! Did you do a break down of the cost for the pool itself?

• banana_fanna
    16 years ago

Is your tile NPT Tondela Blue by any chance?

What's the pool finish? Very nice job.

And lucky you for having a mountain range!

• tagprod
    16 years ago

NIce! Where are you located

• eskimopie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Banana, why yest I believe the tile is Tondela Blue. I know for sure it's NPT and Tondela really rings a bell. I kept having to go back to the local NPT store to buy more boxes of the tile to do the BBQ (it's accented with the pool tile).

The pool finish is PebbleTec Caribbean Blue.

Cost-wise I still get a little upset about the price I paid. The entire pool project (no landscaping or BBQ stuff) was ~$65k after taxes. A good friend of mine who built with the same company got a MUCH better deal because his next door neighbor is a sales guy for the pool company (I didn't know and used a different sales guy). He has a similar sized pool but without the spa, waterfall, and SWCG and he paid mid 40's after taxes. We both have solar, in floor cleaning, intelliFlow pumps, Easytouch controls, etc... In the end I love our pool, it just burns me a bit that I could have gotten it for thousands cheaper.

• banana_fanna
    16 years ago

so readily. Something tells me I've spent entirely too many hours poring over this forum. The first time I saw Tondela was on a pool and BBQ on this forum. Link below. I loved the look so I bookmarked it and recently brought a sample home. We should be digging soon and I'm 95% sure we'll be using the Tondela with Prism Blue PebbleSheen. The blue in that particular tile goes well with so many of the blue or gray pool finishes. The pool in the link has Blue Granite.

There are more pics of the tile work if you scroll past all the responses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeff and Sharon's Pool

• jlaughrey
    16 years ago

I also wondered if you put bubblers in your baja shelf? I thought I saw plumbing for that but wasnt sure. If you did I thought a couple of pics with that working would be cool to see :)

• eskimopie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nope, no bubblers in the shelf... what you saw was the plumbing for the in-floor cleaners (2 on the shelf) and the umbrella sleeve.

• jlaughrey
    16 years ago

Gotcha!! Well the pool turned out really nice!!!

• poolmissy
    16 years ago

Love the color of your water!

Where did you get your umbrella for the pool?

• eskimopie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, we're happy with the water color ourselves. The umbrella is one we got ~4 years ago with a patio furniture set from Target. It's not specifically intended for a pool but it has an aluminum pole so I figured it's corrosion safe for the pool.