Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

2010 Challenge- sign-ups being taken now

vicky4x4
14 years ago

A new challenge:

The challenge THEME is: I'm Seeing Stars! This category is open to LOTS of artistic freedom :-) Any colors that you would like may be used.

This is a challenge to create a quilted something, 16 inch square up to as big as you like. But it must have been made for this challenge, no previous projects excepted.

The deadline is August 20th.

This year I am asking all participants to send me a fat quarter of your choice for the prize. Just email me at Vickymomof6 at yahoo dot com and I will send you my address.

The entire forum, including the participants, will be eligible to judge on your execution and workmanship.

All entries will be posted on this forum and you will have 1 week to post, AFTER the posting then we will have the vote.

The winner will receive fat quarters.

This is open to all forum members.

Comments (22)

• toolgranny
    14 years ago

What is the deadline for signing up, Vicky? How long do I have to mull this over?

• shannonmomof4
    14 years ago

Sign me up!!!!!!!!
    Shannon

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Oooo, I want to join and I have a paper pieced pattern WITH STARS I'm dying to try, but I'll have to hold off on the commitment for now. I have a wedding quilt that I have to focus my energy on until it's done. If all goes according to plan (Ha!) then I'll be finished with that by July 1st and can start to work on this project. I'll let you know!

Kate

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vicky

• toolgranny
    14 years ago

Oooooh. I might be able to do that. I'll think on it awhile and let you know. Sounds like fun.

• odessaquilts
    14 years ago

This may be a stupid question, but does it have to be "quilted"? I have a piece I have been planning forever, but have not yet begun to cut or sew. It's stars. But I don't know if I can have it quilted and bound by the deadline. If it could be just a top, I would say count me in, but I don't know that I have the time to get it all completed.

Odessa

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Odessa, sorry but yes it has to be a finished project.

Vicky

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    I would love to try this one, is hand quilted ok? I rilly need the practise.
    please let me know where to send the fat quarter and when.
    thanks
    michelle

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So far we have two takers:

shannonmomof4
    micyrey

• calliope
    14 years ago

You can sign me down too. Stars are my very fav subject and I can see where this one could really get diverse.

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hi all
    ok I decided on my first try, it is going to be a real challenge for my, I have had a hard time with this kind of quilting(I'm not going to tell what I'm doing though, but it is hard for me) I'm glade we can do small ones, I love doing mini quilts.
    michelle

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

shannonmomof4
    micyrey
    calliope

• nanajayne
    14 years ago

Would like to join but I am afraid that I have too much on my plate at this time. Maybe next time. Jayne

• grammyp
    14 years ago

If I do this one, can I use it for my seasonal wall hanging as well?

beverly

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

BTTT

• gmom2-6boys
    14 years ago

I'm thinking about this challange. Have never done anything like this before so this is new to me. I will let you know later.

gmom

• mayme_1
    14 years ago

Vicki, sign me up. I love stars. Now I just need
    to find the time. Right now I'm all fired up
    about the flower gardens. So many projects
    so little time! LOL
    Mayme

• solstice98
    14 years ago

gmom, and others who are new, you may want to check out this link to our last challenge. You'll see that it really is "anything goes"!

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: 2009 challenge - Black&White&?

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    I'm about half way done with the top on mine, I will have to take a break becouse we will be moving very soon and I will have to pack up all my sewing stuff. I will hopfully be moved and get my sewing room set up some time in july. then I will have aug to finnish it.
    I love the picks from last years challenge, the name I have picked out for mine is "supernova", but that is all I will say for now.

michelle

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

shannonmomof4
    micyrey
    calliope
    mayme-1

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    14 years ago

Beverly, Making one quilt and having it work for 2 Challenges is fine with me.

SharonG/FL

• cziga
    13 years ago

I participated in the black/white and__ last year for the first time and it was a lot of fun! I'd love to try again this year, if I find the time over the summer, and I love the theme idea. I'm signing up as a "maybe" right now ... and we'll see how it goes!