Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmrbound

crown point cabinets

Kathy Harrington
11 years ago

Has anyone used crown point cabinets? I think they are fairly pricey, wondering if they are worth the expense.

Comments (17)

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

We have CP cabinetry and they are worth every penny. We negotiated hard and got a decent discount. They are of superior quality.

• arlosmom
    11 years ago

I have Crownpoint cabinets. We completed our kitchen almost 5 years ago, and I didn't even price out other cabinet companies...I just wanted Crownpoint (I blame it on all their ads in Old House Journal). It was a good decision. They were absolutely wonderful to work with, responsive, helpful but not pushy, and listened to what I wanted to achieve. They delivered everything on time, in perfect condition, and the quality is beautiful. They weren't cheap, but I feel that I got my money's worth. If I ever do another kitchen, I'll likely use Crownpoint again.

• Kathy Harrington
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! Can you guys post any pictures of your kitchens

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

Pirula's kitchen, one of my all-time favorites, also has Crown Point cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pirula's Kitchen

• Kathy Harrington
    Original Author
    11 years ago

beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to post

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

Here are a few. I am not sure how to post more than one in the same post (sorry:))

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

I chose to do some white cabinets and then do the island and coffee station in a different stain. The hallway to the left of the coffee station is where the butlers pantry is. One more....

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

Butlers pantry and drink/wine station

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

close up of kitchen cabinets.

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

Last one. Kitchen into the eat in kitchen nook....If you are close enough to do the facility tour its well worth the time!

• pirula
    11 years ago

Thank you rococogurl! I'm just seeing this thread. Yes I fully concur with all the accolades for Crownpoint. We're still delighted seven years later....

• eandhl
    11 years ago

Doing 2 kitchens in 5 years and we saw a lot of different cabinets. I have to say none compared to Crown Point. The build, finishes, hardware excellent. The staff to work with outstanding. WE toured the company so saw from blue prints to finished products. I don't believe anyone would regret getting CP if it is their budget. I am also sure I have never seen a complaint here about CP. All that said I assure I do not work for them and unfortunately they were out of our range so we went full custom both times.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Two more beautiful Crown Point kitchens on Gardenweb:
    tearose21's

and mamadadpaige's first Gardenweb kitchen:

Here is a link that might be useful: tearose21 kitchen

• Eden-Manor
    11 years ago

Would anyone be willing to share what you paid for your cabinets? I think I'm in LOVE!

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Hi Eden-Manor,

Even if people did tell you exactly what they spent, it would only be helpful in a very general way. There is no way to really know what your cabinets will cost you without getting a quote. So many things can effect the quote because each set of cabinets and kitchen layout is so different.

I can say that our quote for Crown Point cabinets was about 30% higher than our quote from Home Depot for Kraftmaid cabinets. Given that the Crown Point quote was for Farrow and Ball painted inset cabinets, and other considerable upgrades from the Kraftmaid cabinets, I thought it was "worth" the 30% extra. For me the professionalism of the company and ease of working with them made it worth the extra cost.

Of course I realize that everyone budgets differently and not everyone would think it was worth the extra 30%. My sense is that some of the custom Amish cabinet makers loved on Gardenweb could make a similar quality cabinet for less than Crown Point.

• Eden-Manor
    11 years ago

Sure, I agree Francoise; however, I was just interested in getting a general idea to see if it's within my budget based on the pictures posted.