Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

For those of you with a Blanco Single Sink...

redroze
16 years ago

For those of you with a Blanco single sink, I have a few questions:

1) Did you go with the Precis Super Single undermount or the Diamond Maxi drop-in (which is undermountable), and why?

2) If you have the Precis, do you know if the drain can be moved to the side (right or left) rather than the shown center? I can't seem to find anything on the Internet regarding the drain placement for the Precis.

3) Finally, if you bought it online where did you buy it? I've found comparable pricing amongst various sites but I wanted to know if any online stores were better than others.

Here are pics of both.

Blanco Precis Super Single:

{{!gwi}}

Blanco Diamond Maxi Single (drop-in but undermountable):

Comments (7)

• rmlanza
    16 years ago

Mine's the Blanco Diamond and I really don't know what the difference is other than the drain and the fact that the Precis can't be dropped in (mine's undermounted). When I was ordering I just didn't even know there was a Precis and I researched sinks quite a bit. I do remember that at first I thought drop-in was the only way to get one but then read that the drop-in could be undermounted. Now, if I had it to do over again, I'd still go with the Diamond just because I like having the drain over to the side. I can pile dishes up on the left and still have access to the drain and disposal. You can do that with the Precis if you have a grid and possibly even if you don't, but I didn't like the way the grid took away from the beauty of my sink and just never felt the need for one. I bought mine from Faucets Direct along with my Moen Aberdeen faucet and soap dispenser. It arrived very quickly, shipping was free and there were no issues with cracking or anything. I don't know if that's a compliment to Faucets Direct or UPS or just plain luck.

HTH!
    Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet's Direct

• redroze
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone with the Precis sink?

• Flowerchild
    16 years ago

redroze: We have the Precis. Purchased it from Quality Bath on Ebay. Fast service no S/H and fantastic packaging so no problems. I don't know if the drain can be to the left or right. I wouldn't think you would be able to do that because the sink has a slight slant toward the drain..sort of a little "V" from all 4 corners that guides the water to the drain. HTH

• tracyc
    16 years ago

I got the Precis and love it - it's still in the box tho ;) I got it on ebay from Home and Stone...

• mbauer
    16 years ago

I'm getting ready to order a single bowl kitchen sink and spotted Blanco on this site. After poking around I found it for $270 at Quality Bath..best price so far. I'd really like to know if this is durable and fairly goof proof. my present one is a cheapy - stained badly in a short time. suggestions and comments most welcome

• westsider40
    16 years ago

Hi MBauer, Your 'present one is a cheapy-stained badly...' Is your present one a Blanco? TIA, Bev

• redroze
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, a lot of Ebay shoppers here!! Great deals. I know it's on lowcostplumbing for $365.

You're right, I confirmed that there is only a center drain available. Is this better since the plumbing is in the center and therefore you can use both cabinets on either side (as opposed to the plumbing being on one side and thus taking over that side)?

I'm so excited - the Precis is officially available in Cafe Brown!! Can't wait to order it, I'm so glad I didn't order it yet as I L-O-V-E the look of the brown!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Cafe Brown Precis