Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gorilla_x

Pentair Pool/Spa Lights (non-LED) with B;ue Lens

gorilla_x
16 years ago

Anyone own, or see, these in action? AmeriLite and AmeriQuartz are both availanle with a medium blue tempered glass lens. I'd like to same some dough by not getting LEDs (put that money toward something else we need for the pool).

If you've seen them, what is your opinion? Pretty blue color? Is the blue color as "blue" as the blue LEDs?

-Gorilla

Comments (5)

• repair_guy
    16 years ago

Not a chance. you're basically going to see a fairly white light out the center of the lens with a blue hint. OK for mood lighting, lousy for seeing under water. My humble opinion.

Assuming a 50' cord and 120V install you can buy a set of IntelliBrite's in a pool/pool sizing for $ 1053+tx or in a pool/spa sizing for 963+tx.

The SAM/SAM is $1015+tx and the SAM/SAL is $ 932+tx.

With the cost you already have in the Amerlite (before blue lens) the pool/pool sizing is 464+tx and the pool/spa sizing is $459+tx.

The cost to upgrade to color begins at about $560.

With your ET8, the SAM is your best bet until they upgrade the thing unless you like pressing a million buttons.

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, a follow-up: Will the plastic snap on lenses (placed on the clear glass lens) provide a "deep" color that rivals the LED colors?

We'll have 2 pool lights: pool lite in deep end, and a spa lite in the shallow end (facing each other)

-Gorilla

• repair_guy
    16 years ago

I'm frowning. The first cannon ball will knock that sucker right off.

• huskyridor
    16 years ago

quote" Will the plastic snap on lenses (placed on the clear glass lens) provide a "deep" color that rivals the LED colors? "quote

Absolutely not.

quote" The first cannon ball will knock that sucker right off. "quote

LMAO, the first thing I thought of when I read his question was "I wonder if he knows just how poorly the snap on lenses fasten to the lamp fixture"

Every pool builder has his own markup on product.
    FWIW, I charge a 350 upgrade per lamp for either the Pentair, Jandy, or Hayward color changing lamps. IMO, it's money well spent.
    I've yet to demo my Pentair LED but have heard it's awesome. I like the Colorlogic LED because my Jandy controllers interface with them and allow digital control instead of switching control.
    I haven't used a colored glass lamp in many years, but I'd definitely recommend it over a snap on plastic lens cover.

I didn't see it in this thread but I remember your pool being large. No matter which lamps, standard-vs-color changing, you choose I'd suggest full size lamp niches on both ends of your pool.

See ya,
    Kelly

• gorilla_x
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll do that Kelly (I responded in another thread): large lights on both ends.

I am conflicted: on one hand, I am trying to same some dough, but on the other hand, I am thinking "what's another $1500 for 3 LEDs."

Thanks for the good Kelly/Repair_Guy!!

-Gorilla

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company