Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

crayon cat pics

redpenny
16 years ago

Okay Ladies thought I treat and post a pic of all the cats..

They are all tooooo cute!

Red

Comments (25)

• anjea
    16 years ago

What was this swap? Did people draw them or what?

They're very cute!

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Ha! They are all so great! I can't wait to get them!!!!

That one with her hands on her hips just cracks me up! I can just picture her saying "Yes I am a cat wearing an overall dress standing in a flower garden. Is that going to be a problem???!"

Can't wait for the cats to come home. Here kitty kitty!

Anjea, yes this was a swap and we drew them. (I think most of us traced another picture. I know I did.) Then we colored them in with crayons. When you iron after coloring it becomes (mostly) permanent.

• maggie_sue
    16 years ago

These are sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! Great job!

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Those are just the cutest!! They really made me smile! Those are gonna make a fun quilt Laura!

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

They are adorable!!!! I don't know if I can color and stay in th lines any more!!
    Rosa

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Thanks for posting the pictures Red.

I do have to admit my curiosty was really strong.

They are all so cute.
    I can't wait to get mine either!

doris=^.^=

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Oooh, those are cute! I have been waiting, hoping Red would show them to us. You all are going to have some delightful quilts!

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They are really cute blocks I think this will make a cute lap quilt. What is everyone planning on doing with their blocks? Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with!

Red

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

I think a lap quilt sounds perfect. I haven't decided exactly how I'll sash them together yet -- will have to play around once they get here.

Here kitty kitty...

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

I am anxiously waiting for them. They are so cute and I just am not sure what to make with them. They would make a nice lap throw or cute pillows but I don't have any place for that many pillows. Hope there are no cat fights on the way.

~~^~^~~~
    . .

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All blocks are in the mail so have some fresh water waiting for those kitties!
    Red

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Those are going to be quilts with "Cattitude!"

Thanks for sharing, Red.
    Donna

• flowerorc
    16 years ago

I have a question about the crayons, how do you go about ironong them? Wouldn't the crayons stick to the iron? I think they are real cute.

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Flower,
    You lay a paper towel between the colored fabric and iron. Iron it quite a bit, and when you don't get any more color on the paper towel you are done. I used two paper towels per pic to make sure I got all the wax up.

• flowerorc
    16 years ago

Thank you, I may try that.

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

I'm so excited to have my kitties! I'd love to know who made what.

I know RED'S are the ones "doing things" with the words, (The last two on the Top row).
    DOROTHY'S (IrishDancer'sGram) had her name pinned to hers, they are the last two on the second to the top row, below Red's.
    Mine (LAURA) are the "quilted" ones -- the "crazy kitty" looking over his shoulder in the first pic, and the top left one with his back to us in the second pic.
    One set is signed DB -- is that DeannaBSD? Those are the two in the flower garden -- last two on the bottom row of the first pic.

Which leaves us ... Faye and Doris. Whose are whose?!

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Laura,

Mine is the gray one with the blue bow in the first picture, last row first block and the pink one with the butterfly,last row first block in the second picture.

I really love the "crazy cat" it's adorable!!

I love all my blocks, can't wait to get to work on them.

doris=^.^=

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

Mine are the LARGE CATS and their sassy standing cat that are in the flower gardens. Yes DB stands for deannaBSD.

Can't wait to take them to work for show and tell for my patients. Deanna

• wendyfaye
    16 years ago

Mine is the big head-shot of the orange cat. She looks cross-eyed in this picture, but I don't think she looks that way in real life. Maybe the trip through the mail threw her off balance. The other is the one in the oval. That is the one I was worried might be 'cheating' because there is no detail on the cat, just the siloette.

Thanks Red, for doing this one. I never would have tried it otherwise.

Faye

• susiequilt
    16 years ago

Those blocks are great!
    I would love to see them again after they are washed about 5 times just to see how they hold up.

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Faye, your head shot cat is definitely not "cross-eyed" in real life! For those who can't tell in the pic, her pupils are little hearts! Too cute!!!

QUESTION fellow cat artists: Those of you use used a very fine pen for details (like Fay's cat outline), Deanna's sassy cats, Dorothy's t-shirt kitty (another cutie!) -- what type of pen did you use and where did you get it? My fabric pen is much thicker. I'd love to find something that fine that is specifically for fabric...

• redpenny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

susiequilt,
    YOU CAN APPLY A THIN COAT OF CLEAR FABRIC PAINT TO SEAL THEM!

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

I used a pigma pen--micron 05. On the package (mine came with 6 pens all the same points) it says they come in 6 point sizes. I purchased mine at a quilters store and I was able to buy just one for a trial. It also gives a link
    www.gellyroll.com I purchased them at 4Seasons Fabrics and I know they have a web site also. The price on the 6 was $15.99. Let me know if you have any more questions. Deanna

I like the black but am not all that crazy about some of the other colors.

• irishdancersgram
    16 years ago

I used the same type of pen as Deanna...I got mine at JoAnn's....My kitties are still hanging out on the dining room table...I just love looking at them.....
    Dorothy

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Thanks. I'm going to check out the jellyroll site. I've seen pigma pens on ebay too. I didn't realize they had them with such a fine point! Very nice for embellishments.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!