Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iris_gal

RECIPE: Maple cookie disaster

iris_gal
16 years ago

Being on the lookout for any sweets using maple syrup, I was delighted to find a cookie at Land O Lakes site.

No eggs in the recipe but they certainly only publish good-to-excellent recipes and a stormy night is perfect for baking.

They didn't. I have a bowl full of a nicely flavored crumbly mass that might make a pie crust?

If anyone tried this recipe and was able to form a cookie, please tell me how you did it. Here it is before it leaves my hard drive forever.

MAPLE SNAIL COOKIES

This cookie recipe will remind you of spring with their delicate maple flavor.

Preparation time: 30 min Baking time: 10 min

Yield: 5 dozen cookies

1 cup sugar

1 cup Butter, softened (Land O Lakes)

1/3 cup maple-flavored pancake syrup

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

opt: (2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips )

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add syrup; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour and salt. Beat until well mixed.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls using floured hands. Roll each ball into 10-inch rope. Shape into pinwheel shape leaving one end uncurled to resemble head of snail. Place snails 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.

Microwave chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth (60 to 90 seconds). Use point of toothpick dipped in melted chocolate to make eye on each snail.

Comments (4)