Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhome3_gw

SW Divine White.......any pictures?

newhome3
14 years ago

Hi All,

I am strongly thinking of choosing SW Divine White as the trim/door color for our home.

I was just wondering if any of you have used this color for trim and other painted areas of your home, and if you liked it. The walls of the house will be all SW...Macademia, Softer Tan, Kilim Beige and Hopsack.

Do you think that divine white will look a little 'dingy', especially against these colors?

It looks like it does not seem to have any yellow undertones; however, I read somewhere that it may seem to have some grey undertones.

What do you all think?

I'd love to see some of your pictures of SW divine white!

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• fnmroberts
    14 years ago

This photo may not be a good example of the color but both pictures are against SW Divine White walls. It is a satin surface, I'm sure you will choose a semi-gloss for your trim.

As a comparison, the darker color on the wall below the steps is SW Latte. Our LR and DR are SW Kilim Beige and you can see them from the link at My Page. These three colors are from the same card.

{{!gwi}}

• alex9179
    14 years ago

I've posted this photo a million times, so sorry to everyone who's sick of it! :)

I used a satin acrylic to paint my cabinets in Divine White and have used it on the trim and cabinets throughout the house with grey, blue/grey, coral, blue/black, along with the marine blue in the kitchen. It does not look dingy. I think it may have pinkish undertones in a certain light, but that isn't the case in my home. The color is truer on the lower cabs, the uppers look to have that pinkish cast on my monitor and because of my cruddy camera. I don't see that IRL, though.

• alex9179
    14 years ago

Here's a link to renofan's FKB entry. Her cabinets are what made me decide on Divine White.

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB

• randita
    14 years ago

I have Divine White on the walls in a bathroom and also Latte in my den. I would call the undertone caramel. It never looks pink or green to me, no matter what the light source. It's truly a neutral beige.

If you like the basic tone of Divine White, but think it might look dingy, what about having the paint store mix it at half strength. It will lighten it up without changing the basic tone.

• judithn
    11 years ago

I did my bathroom in Divine White and also find it has a slightly pink tone. This works pretty nicely with my tan tiles and looks great with rosy pink or tangerine towels.

• hilltop_gw
    11 years ago

We have Divine White throughout our office area. I agree it may take on a slightly pink tone; however it's very subtle.

{{!gwi}}

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz