Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karezz

Sharing Fabric Resources

karezz
13 years ago

In another thread I was asked to start a new thread so we can share fabric resources.

I priced a Calico Corners fabric at $36, but found it online for less than $18 here:

www.maryjos.com

Anyone else have something to share?

Comments (18)

• Laurie3333
    13 years ago

fabricguru.com!!! I've purchased fabric here several times; awesome customer service; $4.95 flat shipping for all fabric you buy. I purchased Waverly fabric for $7.99 per yard there when it was $42 in store and other places online. Love this site! Been buying there for years.

• leafy02
    13 years ago

I like fabricguru, too. Their website is easier to use than some others.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

One of my favorite fabric locations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barkcloth Hawaii

• dana1079
    13 years ago

One of my faves - my local fabric store. Decent prices -cheaper than big box stores, and larger selection. Bonus: It's in my town!

I always look online, because in person I can roam the isles forever and the decisions are overwhelming for me. I usually end up with fabric I don't need, for a project I have not started, but seems like a "great idea".

I need to learn to be more practical. But all the textures, colors, and patterns make me crazy, esp the upholstery and drapery!

Here is a link that might be useful: Warehouse Fabrics

• tam18420
    13 years ago

If you're in the Philadelphia area, Jomar is a great place for very inexpensive fabric. They've got a huge selection. Don't be intimidated by the store fronts... just head through to the fabric section. I've gotten home decor fabric for as little as $2/yd when they have their sales. Trim is also very inexpensive.

I think they sell mill ends and discontinued fabrics. So just keep an eye out for defects. And if you find something you like there, just buy it because it may not be there again the next time you visit (believe me, I learned the hard way).

• kaatluvr
    13 years ago

If you're in Southern California (and maybe other areas I'm unaware of) there is a store called Home Fabrics. The one I go to most of the time is in Lake Forest. They also have outlet stores (Santa Ana). The bargains here are fantastic! They sell decorator fabrics -- from cottons to chenilles and velvets. I think the highest price fabric is $12.99 per yard. They often have $3.00 yard closeouts! You will recognize the brands. They also sell rugs, drapes, and trims. I bought velvet 84" panel drapes on sale there a week ago for 2 for $19.99. They are lined and have weights in the hem. I go there all the time to feed my fabric addiction!

• mrsmarv
    13 years ago

Another very satisfied fabricguru.com customer. Their shipping charges are downright reaonable and their return policy very generous.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabricguru

• Sujafr
    13 years ago

I've used onlinefabricstore.net when I purchased bosporus flax and found it cheaper there than anywhere else.

kaatluvr--that's interesting about Home Fabrics in Lake Forest. We used to live in SoCal, and I would trek over to Home Fabrics in Rialto--super discounts like you described...wonder if it's the same chain. I'm very happy to know there's one in Lk Forest & Santa Ana since that's much closer to my DD for when I next visit. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: onlinefabricstore.net

• dawn25
    13 years ago

I like fabric.com for all sorts of fabric. For velvets, I usually buy at syfabrics.com or housefabric.com. I buy a lot of velvet :-).

Here is a link that might be useful: fabric

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

I can spend hours in this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse Designs

• dorry2
    13 years ago

I like fabricwarehouse.com. Great price on trim, as well as fabrics, fabricguru.com and housefabric.com

Deedee...there are no prices on this site and one must be a dealer, correct? The public cannot purchase on this site unless my navigation failed!!

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

Hi dorry,
    You do have to fill out the form to find your nearest dealer then the designer/store can order for you. Minimum is 1/4 yard and they will send free sample swatches. I love their depth of product! I stumbled on the site a few years ago looking for fabric to create a wall in a showroom. They sent me a big black canvas tote with their logo on it that I use to lug books back and forth to the library so I think of them every couple of weeks (their advertising worked - on me at least!) Anyway, to get prices just find out who carries them closest to you. They can give you prices and order whatever you want. They are mid priced.
    deedee

• jaybird
    13 years ago

I use Fabric dot com. They are quick, free shipping over 35$, give you a tad more than a yard,have good frequent sales and if you have any questions, just email. I have even asked about color matching on different pieces of material, and they have hauled out the bolts and answered my question! I do quite a bit of business with them, but am not "related".

My favorite more local resource is Interior Alternative. You can look them up on the internet to see if you have one in your area. They are great to do business with as well!

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• eclecticme
    13 years ago

Thank you, Thank you karezz!!!
    {{!gwi}}
    I've been drooling over this fabric at Joann's for a while now. When I saw it I thought it would be perfect for drapes in my bedroom. But at $44.99 (currently $22.49 on sale) a yard, and my needing 15 yards, there was no way I could possibly afford it. So, I decided to do burlap drapes (I posted a thread about burlap). Then this thread popped up. I started browsing the websites. I found it at www.maryjos.com for $14.98. WOW! At 15 yards, thats $225 at www.maryjos.com versus $337 ON SALE at Joann's. I never thought about looking for fabric online before I ran across this thread. THANKS!

• dorry2
    13 years ago

I can tell you which company I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!! I would not recommend fabricdirect.com. I have been waiting nearly one month for fabric sample that were in stock. I was told they shipped, but I have not received. I have called and emailed repeatedly, and still, no response. Their customer service is "Customer NO Service!!

• angieshell
    13 years ago

Anyone ever use buyfabrics.com? I found a great deal on some fabric and just curious if anyone has used them.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

This is not an online business. I went there many years ago, it is a fabulous store. If anyone is close by might be worth a visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ribbon Store

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

For those of you that live in central Alabama there is a store called B&B outlet in Onteonta. They have the most gorgeous fabric at a fraction. It use to be really cheap until it was mentioned in Southern Living, but still is a deal.

The phone number is 205-274-2219 unless it's been changed, it would be easy enough to find the number.
    Allison might be interested since she lives in Al.

.....Jane