Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kbhr_gw

Online Architect services

KBHR
10 years ago

Hello,

I am looking to do some minor remodeling to our home. Does anyone know if there is a site where I can upload a photo of my house and have someone make some adjustments so I can give a more realistic idea to my contractor?

Thanks

Comments (7)

• snoonyb
    10 years ago

Post photos and ask questions.

• KBHR
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So maybe not an online architect, but user friendly software that I can use to help me visualize some options? I'm really looking just to change windows, front doors and siding, but want to see how it will look before committing.

Snoonyb- Here is a pic of our house⦠I'm trying to get away from the brick and post modern look. Would love any suggestions you might have! Thanks!

• User
    10 years ago

What do you want it to look like?

I doubt minor remodeling will change it much. It is what it is.

• snoonyb
    10 years ago

Would you be in the market to ssssaaaaaaaaay, trade for my double wide, straight across.

I actually like the Arch............... and don't live in a double wide.

It's sat. morn.

• User
    10 years ago

Talk with a couple of local architects in person. They can do more for you in 10 minutes than you can think of in a month of learning curve with a difficult and expensive software trial and error. Photoshop would come as near to doing what you want with visualizing different possibilities, but it won't do a darn thing about telling you if the changes are actually feasible construction wise or financially. Frankly, it will all come down to budget and how much you want to spend vs. what you are willing to live with. If your budget is 50K, you can do a lot more than if it's 5K. One buys you restructuring of he central window and door, but not all new windows and siding too. The other might buy you new replacement door the same size you already have.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

KBHR:

Start with your contractor. Give him a few of your seat-of-the-pants ideas and let him tell you some seat-of-the-pants guesstimates. This may save you, him, and an architect a lot of time.