Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Does anyone have Zodiaq Snow White?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Okay, many of you are going to think I love the name...which I do, but I think this would really work on my island. It's pricey, but beautiful and doesn't have to be sealed, like marble. I don't think I would want (or could afford) this on all the countertops...so I'm thinking of going back to white cabinets and butcher block countertops on the perimeter and a wood island with the Snow White countertop.

This would be similar to some of the pictures I've really liked (such as the work table) but still allow me to have the sink on the island. I really like the second picture, but with an antique brass faucet. What do you think? Oh, and still thinking about the vinyl 'brick' floors :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I love this 'cinnamon' wood tone and the beefy white countertop. While the marble is beautiful, I think my other finishes will go better with the Snow White.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I like this kitchen, too! Very similar cabinets and hardware to the kitchen, above. The countertops could be the Zodiaq...which is making me wonder, if I wouldn't rather have the white perimeter countertops.

{{!gwi}}

• ironcook
    13 years ago

hi lavender,

that faucet is so pretty!

just curious, is there a reason you chose the snow white over the one that kind of looks like marble, bianco carrara?

have you looked at caesarstone, too?

i'm just asking because i have both brochures still open on my desk right now! :)

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Since you're in my area, have you looked at Chroma quartz? Pental sells it. I haven't studied the colors IRL when I've visited, but they seem nice from what I remember. I think someone else last summer said it was cheaper than the other quartz quotes they looked at.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chroma quartz at Pental

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ironcook- I like the warmth of antique brass. Not the shiny brass, which is too gold, but the more weathered and classic antique brass. It looks great with wood tones and brick, but also warms up blues, greens and white.

Marble, with lots of gray veining, seems to go with stainless steel and nickel, while some of the faux marble surfaces seem to be even more light gray, with gray veining...I really like the white.

I'm not really a 'gray' person, although I do like silver...as in tea service, silverware, etc. I also like little bits of gold, as in around the top of a teacup or tea saucer, but not a wide gold trim or goldware.

I guess, it's all about what you like. If you plan to have stainless steel and/or nickel, then I think the gray tones would look beautiful! What do you see in your kitchen, with your countertops? For example, that faucet, above, would look amazing with one of the surfaces you mention :)

• ironcook
    13 years ago

gee, i never really thought about the coordinating the surfaces with waterworks! i learned something. :)

my faucet is standard "stainless", generic-ish pull down (already purchased). and i'm not getting anything fancy like marble, or looks like marble. but i better make sure they match before i order!

so you're thinking white cabs w/butcher block & wood island w/white quartz and antique brass faucet.... (i'm a bit slow with visualizing.) i really like the island combo, because i can clue in from your photos!

so my question would be: what species of wood for your butcher block?

(is it okay to ask on this thread, or should i move over to one of the other ones?!) ;)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Breezy- Thanks for the link! I really need to go see some samples :)

Ironcook- It's confusing, because I'm getting a pretty good idea what I like (since changing the kitchen location) but not exactly how to pull it all together.

I really like the cinnamon tone cabinets in these two pictures. It's a darker wood, but not orange-y and not too light or dark. I also love the white countertops...and the marble, when it's mainly white, as in third picture...but notice how beautiful it is with all that stainless!

So, my debate is really over, whether to put the 'cinnamon' cabinets on the perimeter or the island. In both my pictures, they're on the perimeter, so I wonder if that would work better, in my space. If so, what to do with the island? I don't want it to be the same, because I want the island to feel like a worktable.

So, I could do white (but that's kind of stark) or maybe a color...like green, with white or butcher block top. Then, maybe blue for the hutch. I'd like to add some painted colors with the wood, just to mix things up a bit...since I also have the wood table and chairs.

So, to answer your question, I have no idea! LOL But, I am trying to narrow it down and I think the wood might be a nice choice for the island. And yes, I do want an antique brass faucet and white sink for my main sink...and probably the same thing on the island, unless I decide to do all metal. There are some wonderful, round antique brass sinks that would be perfect with butcher block...see, there I go again! LOL

Hopefully, I'll get this all sorted out soon, but it's such a relief to get the overall plan in place, I don't mind playing around a bit more, with the details :)

• ironcook
    13 years ago

yeah, you have time till the kitchen is in place so you can fill it. :)

btw, caesarstone has a "blizzard"... not exactly "snow white", but i guess maybe more manly sounding!