Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gkrizel

Recommendations in Phoenix AZ

gkrizel
10 years ago

I have read 100's of posts on here the past few months and I appreciate all of your advice on so many topics! You all are a wealth of information! After much research I am ready to pick countertops and I am looking for recommendations on a fabricator as well as where to find soapstone and marble in the phoenix area.

Please don't tell me I don't want it because I assure you I do. I have read more posts and blogs than I can count on the pros and cons of both. I have polished marble in my current home and regardless of the etching and some scratches I love it and want to do it again. Considering honed but either way we will have marble.

My sister has soapstone 8+ years old in her kitchen and we both love her counters. Unfortunately her fabricator is no longer in business so I need a recommendation. I also am having a difficult time finding a local yard with soapstone. I have found marble most places no problem- but soapstone I had no idea it was so hard to find. Here's my other issue -the few slabs I have seen here in phoenix are not like my sisters. I don't want to say its not soapstone but its different- not silky smooth like hers it seems more like a granite and I want real soapstone that I have to oil. I would prefer to find it local because I don't want to select it from a photo because of this. Please give me your best recommendations for both. Before I drive my poor husband crazy (although I think its already too late for that) with all this obsessive soapstone talk.

I will also be looking for someone to do some tile work and refinish our hardwood floors if you have anyone local for that as well.

Thank you!

Comments (2)