Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megsy_gw

Can I see your bedroom inspiration photos?

megsy
14 years ago

I'm a quilt gal (more pottery barn-ish) but I'm thinking of venturing out into duvet. I like the look of a white or ivory quilt with something colorful at the foot of the bed along with a colorful bedskirt, shams, etc.

But I'm having the darndest time finding exactly what I want.

So I'd love to see your photos!

Comments (16)

• megsy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I should add that our room walls and ceiling are BM Sag Harbor Gray. Right now I've currently got a white quilt/coverlet with a white, pink and green floral quilt folded at the foot. Along with pink/white gingham euro shams and standard shams that are white with embroidery.

I'm thinking this is too little girl-ish and not at all what I truly want for our master retreat.

I'm leaning toward some red and yellows.

Help, please!

• msrose
    14 years ago

This is the room that I'm using for inspiration, except I'm going to use a tan or blue throw at the end of the bed.

{{!gwi}}

Laurie

• pollyannacorona
    14 years ago

Msrose, those pictures in your inspiration photo are fabulous. I love that etheral quality in them, have you found them on an art site yet or are you not interested in them. Love the bed too, I am seriously thinking about this bed in a similar color scheme as your photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: poster bed

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Not mine, but here's some with red....
    {{!gwi}}
    My friend Kim's room....
    {{!gwi}}
    And my friend Susan's guest room...
    {{!gwi}}

• megsy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH MY GOD that guest room is to die for!! I love it. Those beds!! swoooooooooooooooooooooon

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Love Kim and Susan's rms!!!!

I won't bother posting mine because they are all in the Silver Sage, brown, green, cream and white ranges. No red or brightish colors! Sorry!

• megsy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I ended up ordering this comforter (see link) and if I hate it, I'll just send it on back!

The stripes will not be incorporated in any way, shape or form. And I do solemnly swear to post pictures for opinions.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• declansmom
    14 years ago

ttodd....maybe we can start another thread....Can I see your brown, green, cream and white rooms. I am re-doing my LR with browns, creams and whites and I need a "pop" color for accessories. I was thinking either lime green or palladium blue.
    Thanks!

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Everyone seems to love Susan's and Kim's rooms. They are certainly gorgeous.
    Megsy, I like the comforter you ordered. I agree that the stripes just don't work. And I love stripes with floral and other prints. Just not that combo.

• tinam61
    14 years ago

justgotabme - I'm curious - do you have a blog? I recognize Kim's (Daisy Cottage) room and believe I've seen Susan's guest room before. As a lover of blogs, I was just wondering.

tina

• msrose
    14 years ago

pollyanna - I would love to find those picture, but I'm pretty sure she had them made (painted).

Laurie

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Tna, I have started a couple blogs, but they are for my sewing and repurposing businesses. Click on my name and you'll find a link to my Once Old is New Again blog. Not much to see now, but if I take time to finish a few things and take pictures I'll get them on there.
    I've known Kim for sometime from an old MSN group and "met" Susan last fall when I joined a group she's on at YUKU.

• jesemy
    14 years ago

Justgotabme, I'm a member of a couple of fitness boards at Yuku. Is there a decorating board?

I love Susan's guest room!

Nancy

• jesemy
    14 years ago

Justgotabme, I'm a member of a couple of fitness boards at Yuku. Is there a decorating board?

I love Susan's guest room!

Nancy

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

I don't know who Susan is but I saved her guest room on my computer sometime ago. It's a sweet room.

....Jane

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Yes there is Nancy. It's called CafeRocks. I'll email you.