Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandesurf

Has anyone ordered a sink from Faucet.com?

sandesurf
12 years ago

Hi,

I've found the sink I want, Blanco silgranite, in biscotti color. Faucet.com has the best price, for this color. Just concerned about damage in shipment.

Any experiance?

Thank you!

Comments (7)

• laur66
    12 years ago

I ordered my sink through them, although it was stainless. For the sink I wanted I found they had the best price. It came incredibly well packed. In terms of packaging it was shipped in a cardboard box that was so stiff it was almost like wood and well protected with styrofoam inside. I also ordered my faucet and soap dispenser from them and they were also well packed. No problems, and they shipped fairly quickly.

Thanks!

• coco4444
    12 years ago

Sorry laur66, I'm obsessed with your kitchen! :) In a non-stalking on the internet kind of way! I'm assuming your west coast/GVA from your window style and Disneyland magnet... but I'm GTA. Any issues with customs, shipping, etc? I'm comparing sinks/faucets here, and even through big box stores prices are ~15-25% less in the US, especially with our dollar. Thanks!
    Still love your kitchen. Strongly considering a last minute switch to Lexington!

• coco4444
    12 years ago

bump

• laur66
    12 years ago

Hi Co-Co,

You are hilarious, and you are right I do live just outside of Vancouver :) I live about 5 minutes away from the US border and what I did when I was ordering anything from the States (and you are right, the prices are considerably less) was have it delivered to a holding place in the States and then I went across and picked it up. That usually saved the shipping costs because it was usually free shipping over $100. If I remember correctly Faucet Direct didn't charge taxes. I didn't have to pay any duty but I did have to pay HST when I came through the border. The thing is if you have it shipped to Canada they automatically charge you the duty/taxes which in many cases I still think works out cheaper.

Thanks for the nice comments about my kitchen :)

L

• Adrienne2011
    12 years ago

I still think that CSN stores has better prices. I went to faucet.com to check the price of the faucet I want, and it is a few dollars more than CSN.
    Faucet.com price for Delta 955 Victorian pull-down in Venetian Bronze: $287.71
    CSNstores.com price for the same thing: $279.31
    I have never, ever seen cheaper prices for apples to apples than CSN, and I've bought all sorts of things from them.

• sandesurf
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi, Follow-up here...
    I ended up ordering the Blanco Biscuit colored sink from Home Depot and the Delta faucet (Sevile in ORB) from NationalBuildersSupply.com, as both were priced way below anyone else. Yesterday I received both, in perfect condition!
    National Builders did not charge shipping or tax! :)

• mrdirect
    12 years ago

Please check us out if you have time. We have the cheapest prices online and one of the biggest sink suppliers in the U.S.

Here is a link that might be useful: MR Direct Sinks